Law Department is entrusted with the drafting, settlement and publication of Bills and Acts, and the settlement of statutory notifications, rules and by-laws of the various administrative Departments.
- West Bengal Lifts, Escalators and Travelators Act, 2019
An Act to provide for the regulation of the installation, maintenance and safe working of lifts, escalators and travelators and all machinery and apparatus pertaining thereto in the State of West Bengal.
- West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (Repealing) Act, 2017
An Act to repeal the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission Act, 2011. Remaining process of selection shall be executed by the Public Service Commission.
- West Bengal Clinical Establishments (Registration, Regulation and Transparency) Act, 2017
An Act to provide for the registration, regulation and transparency of clinical establishments of the State and for matters connected therewith or incidental there to.
- Public Interest Litigation Rules
Public Interest Litigation – Amendments of the Rules of the High Court at Calcutta relating to the application under Article 226 of the Constitution of India.
- West Bengal Correctional Services (Amendment) Act, 2016
An Act to amend Section 2, 4, 18, 69, 88 and 91 of the West Bengal Correctional Services Act, 1992 vide No. 444-L dated 20.05.2016.
- West Bengal Taxation Laws (Amendment) Act, 2016
An Act to amend the West Bengal Sales Tax Act, 1994, the West Bengal Sales Tax (Settlement of Dispute) Act, 1999, and the West Bengal Value Added Tax Act, 2003.
- West Bengal State Council of Higher Education Act, 2015
An Act to provide for further reformation of functions, management and control of the State Council of Higher Education in West Bengal and matters connected therewith and incidental thereto.
- West Bengal Unorganised Sector Workers’ Welfare Act, 2007
An Act to provide for social security and welfare of certain unorganised sector workers and to provide other measures connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- Departmental Proceedings (Enforcement of Attendance of Witnesses and Production of Documents) Act, 1973
An Act to provide for the enforcement of attendance of witnesses and production of documents in certain departmental proceedings and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- West Bengal Highways Act, 1964
An Act to provide for the maintenance and control of highways the prevention of encroachments thereon and the removal of encroachments therefrom, and for certain other matters connected therewith.