GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 2055-L. 17th December, 1991
West Bengal Act XIII of 1991
THE WEST BENGAL ADVOCATES WELFARE FUND ACT, 1991
An Act to provide for the constitution of a Fund and utilisation thereof for promotion of welfare of the advocates practising in West Bengal and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- Short title, extent and commencement.
- Constitution of Fund.
- Establishment of Trust Committee.
- Disqualifications for membership of Trust Committee.
- Resignation by members of Trust Committee.
- Filling up of casual vacancy.
- Vacancies amongst members, or defect in constitution, of Trust Committee not to invalidate proceeding of Trust Committee.
- Meetings of Trust Committee.
- Vesting of Fund in Trust Committee.
- Functions of Trust Committee.
- Power to borrow and invest, and to make payment out of Fund.
- Audit of accounts.
- Secretary of Trust Committee and his powers and duties.
- Treasurer-cum-Accountant of Trust Committee and his duties.
- Registration of Bar Association.
- Duties of Bar Association.
- Membership of Fund.
- Annual subscription to Fund.
- Furnishing of information to Trust Committee.
- Act not to apply in certain cases.
- Payment from Fund.
- Group Insurance and other benefits for members of the Fund.
- Restriction on alienation, attachment, etc. of interests of members of Funds in Fund.
- Power to summon witnesses and take evidence.
- Power to make rules.
- Power to make regulations.
Download: No. 2055-L dated 17.12.1991, Source