Terms and conditions including qualification and other relevant requirements for being designated as Vice-Principal of a Government-aided College.
Published in Higher Education Tags: Recruitment
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION, SCIENCE &
TECHNOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
(INTEGRATED LAW CELL)
BIKASH BHABAN, SALT LAKE CITY,
KOLKATA – 700091
No. 76-ILC/OM-229L/2017 Date: 28.02.2018
Consequent upon enactment of the West Bengal Universities and Colleges (Administration and Regulation) Act, 2017, and also with the issuance of the Department’s Notification No. 1162-Edn (CS) dated 23.10.2017, the issuance of details guidelines, procedure including qualification for being designated as Vice Principal in a Government-aided College in terms of the provisions of section 3 (xxiv) of the above mentioned Act was under consideration of this Department for sometime past.
Now after careful consideration of all the aspects in this regard, the Governor, in exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (xxiv) of section 3 of the West Bengal Universities and Colleges (Administration and Regulation) Act, 2017, is hereby pleased to direct that the terms and conditions including qualification and other relevant requirements for being designated as Vice-Principal of a Government-aided College, shall be as follows:-
1. The Vice Principal of a college shall be designated by the State Government by issuing a specific order.
2. The whole-time regular teachers of a college, who have completed at least 5 years of service, shall be eligible for being designated as Vice-Principal. However, the State Government may allow relaxation in eligibility in exceptional cases.
3. The Vice Principal shall assist the Principal in discharging of his/ her functions, in addition to his normal duties as a teacher.
4. The Vice Principal shall discharge functions of the Principal of the college in the absence of the Principal in addition to his/her duties as teacher of the college.
5. The Vice Principal so designated under the above mentioned provisions may be removed at any point of time by the State Government.
6. The teacher designated as Vice Principal will be eligible for monthly allowance as prescribed under the Department’s Order No. 1162-Edn (CS) dated 23.10.2017.
By order of the Governor,
Government of West Bengal
No. 76-ILC dated 28.02.2018, Source