Free Diagnostics, Pathology, Therapeutic & Surgeries and Beds
Published in Health.
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & FAMIY WELFARE
(Medical Service Branch)
Swasthya Bhawan, GN29, Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-91
No: HF/O/MS/984/W-10/2001 Dated, Kolkata the 22nd October 2014
The User charges for diagnostic, therapeutic, surgeries, cabins and other hospital services were introduced by this department vide GO No. HF/O/MS/121/W-10/2001 dated 18th March 2002, applicable in all secondary hospitals, decentralized hospitals and tertiary teaching hospitals under the administrative control of this department.
The policy of user charges has been reviewed by this department with a view to further reduce the Out of Pocket Expenses (OOPE) of BPL, weaker sections of society, mother & child and a large number of vulnerable patients coming to the Government Health facilities for their treatment.
After careful reviewing the financial implications of the policy of user charges on accessibility and equity of services in secondary hospitals and in partial modification of the GO No. HF/O/MS/121/W-10/2001 dated 18th March 2002 , the Governor is pleased to withdraw the user charges imposed in all the secondary and primary hospitals of the State and ordered to allow free diagnostics, pathology, therapeutic & surgeries and beds by modifying the provisions of the said order.
1. The Governor is further pleased to order that provisions of cabin charges, paying beds/ cabins in the said GO cease to exist allowing free services to all patients in Government run Primary and Secondary hospitals under Health & Family Welfare Department. All the patients in the hospitals will be treated at par with principle of equity and universal access to health care services.
2. The provisions of the said GO will continue to be applicable in Tertiary Care Hospitals (Medical College Hospitals and other Teaching hospitals) till further orders.
3. These orders will not be applicable to any diagnostic, imaging, pathological and testing services by private partners in PPP agreement with the Department or the hospital authorities/ Societies under the administrative control of this department without affecting provisions of concession agreements/ service agreement or similar arrangements.
4. Provisions of bed rent, cabin rent, user charges for diagnostic services, pathology, imaging, scanning, therapeutic services, surgeries and hospitalization charges as contained in all existing GO cease to exist in all District Hospitals, Decentralized hospitals, Mental hospitals, Sub-divisional hospitals, State General Hospitals and Primary hospitals (BPHC, Rural Hospitals, PHCs) or any other category hospitals except those mentioned in para2.
5. The Patients attending OPD will be charged Rs 2/- (Rupees Two) for OPD ticket in the above mentioned hospitals as usual. In case of referral from one department to other in the same institution, no charge for new OPD ticket, shall be levied.
6. This order is issued with the concurrence of Finance Department vide UO NO: Group-‘O’/2014-2015/0102 Dated 22.10.14
7. This order will come into force with immediate effect.
8. All concerned are being informed.
By Order of Governor
Health & Family Welfare Department
No: HF-984 dated 22.10.2014, Source