Guidelines for Holding D.El.Ed. Part-II Exam, 2016-2018
West Bengal Board of Primary Education
Acharya Prafulla Chandra Bhavan
DK 7/1, Sector II, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700091
No. 3013/BPE/2018 Date: 04/12/2018
In continuation of Board’s Notification No. 2946/BPE/2018 dated 29/11/2018 in regard to the D. El. Ed. Part – II Examination (Theoretical) of the session – 2016-2018 (Regular) and of the sessions 2014-2016 and 2015-2017 (the continuing candidates) to be held on and from 17.12.2018 as per the programme schedule, given in the aforementioned Notification, this is further to notify all concerned as under:
1. There will be a District Level Committee of the above mentioned examination for each district consisting of the following members:
a) District Magistrate or his Nominee – Chairman
b) Chairperson, District Primary School Council – Vice-Chairman of the Committee
c) District Inspector of Schools (PE) – Member-Secretary
d) District Inspector of Schools (SE) – Member
e) Principal of concerned District Institute of Education and Training (DIET) – Member
f) Principal(s) of Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes of the concerned districts – Member
g) Officer(s)-in-Charge of Examination Centre – Member
h) One Local Medical Practitioner – Member
i) Officer-in-Charge of nearest Police Station – Member
j) Principal/ Sr. Lecturer-in-Charge/ Lecturer-in-Charge/ Teachers-in-Charge/ Officer-in-Charge/ Headmaster/ Headmistress of Venue Institute – Member
2. Function of the Committee:
a) Selection of Officer-in-Charge of the Centre;
b) To select Personnel(s) for invigilation duty from amongst the staff of the Venue – Institute or other whom/which the Committee deems fit;
c) The Committee shall decide on the general procedures to be adopted for smooth conduct of the examination of the Centre;
d) The Centre Committee will render help and guidance to the Officer-in-Charge and Centre Superintendent in the matter of conducting the examination and all other necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of theoretical examinations;
e) The Committee will extend all sorts of co-operation and help to keep vigilance in the Examination Centre during examination and deal seriously with any sort of irregularity, if found to occur;
f) The Officer-in-Charge of Diploma-In-Elementary Education Examination, 2016-2018 of each centre will be appointed by the District Inspector of Schools (PE) of the concerned District in consultation with the District Committee subject to the approval of the West Bengal Board of Primary Education. The remuneration of such Officer-in-Charge is Rs. 750/- (Rupees seven hundred fifty) only for each centre.
3. The Head of the Institution selected as venue of the above mentioned examination will normally act as the Centre Superintendent with a remuneration of Rs. 750/- (Rupees seven hundred fifty) only per centre.
4. The District Committee may impose a “Centre Fee” not exceeding Rs. 250/- (Rupees two hundred fifty) only on each candidate to meet the contingent expenditure for conducting the examination. This ‘Centre Fee’ may be collected from the examinees and accounted for appropriately.
5. The said Centre Fee, to be imposed by the District Committee, will have to be spent on the following items:
a) Remuneration of the Officer-in-Charge: Rs. 750/- (Rupees seven hundred fifty) only per centre.
b) Remuneration of the Centre Superintendent: Rs. 750/- (Rupees seven hundred fifty) only per centre.
c) Remuneration to the invigilator @ Rs. 125/- (Rupees one hundred twenty five) only per invigilator per half (one invigilator for 25 candidates and when the number of candidates exceeds the next 10, another invigilator up to 50 and so on).
d) Arrangement and re-arrangement of seats.
e) One person @ Rs. 80/- (Rupees eighty) only per day for supply of drinking water.
f) Purchase of papers and other stationery articles etc.
g) Two Gr. ‘D’ staff @ Rs. 80/- (Rupees eighty) only per day for packing and binding answer-scripts and other works.
h) One person may be engaged for Cleaning and sweeping work for each Centre and his remuneration will be Rs. 80/- (Rupees eighty) only per day.
i) Honorarium of custodian of confidential paper: Rs. 750/- (Rupees seven hundred fifty) only.
j) Any other contingent expenditure as deemed fit and proper.
k) To meet the Bank Charge for preparing draft etc. whereas necessary.
l) One person may be engaged for clerical work for each centre and his remuneration will be Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) only per day.
j. The accounts of income-expenditure for each centre shall be audited by an Auditor to be appointed by the District Committee within three months after the examination is over.
k. The District Inspector of Schools (PE) is requested to forward the copy of the Audit Report to this Board within a month thereafter.
6. All the Principals/ Lecturers-in-Charge of the DIETs, Government-run & Non-government (Self-financed) Primary Teachers’ Training Institutes are requested to co-operate with the District Inspector of Schools (PE), of the concerned districts in all matters, related to the fair and smooth holding of the aforementioned examinations.
7. Examination Venues have been selected by this Board and the list of such venues will be notified in due course. The DI/s(PE) are hereby requested to kindly make physical verification of the examination venues for sending a confirmation report to the West Bengal Board of Primary Education. They are also requested to kindly collect the names of Officer-in-Charge of venues and Custodians/Officer-in-Charge of P.S./T.O. for confidential papers and forward the same to the Board. It is to be noted that no Institute will be selected reciprocally as venues such as ‘x’ that has been selected for ‘y’ and ‘y’ for ‘x’ amongst the DIETs/Govt./Govt. Sp./Govt. Aided/Self-financed PTTIs.
Sd/- Dr. R.C. Bagchi
No. 3013-BPE dated 04.12.2018
School Education, D. El. EdSeptember 17, 2021