Guidelines for Admission to B.Ed Course, 2018
Published in Higher Education. Tags: B. Ed, B. P. Ed.
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology
College Sponsored Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091
No. 488-Edn(CS)/10M-20/2015 Dated, Kolkata the 25th April, 2018
For teachers’ training courses in the State, the State Government in the Higher Education Department has decided to continue the procedure for admission in teachers’ training courses as was followed in academic session 2016-2018 and to prescribe the following guidelines for the Universities and Colleges offering B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. Degree, for the academic session 2018-2020:-
- Government and Government-aided Colleges and State-aided Universities offering B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. courses will conduct on-line admission process, on standalone basis.
- Admission to self-financed B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. colleges will be done centrally by the affiliating University through on-line mode only.
- Admission in Govt.-aided B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. colleges having minority status will be done through on-line mode on standalone basis. In case of private/ self-financing colleges having minority Status, admission shall be done by the University through on-line mode.
- 50% Seats in Government/ Government-aided B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. Colleges and in B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. Departments of State-aided Universities are to be reserved for untrained deputed school teachers of Classes V -XII subject to their eligibility as per NCTE Regulations. For self-financing B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. Colleges, 20% seats are to be reserved for eligible untrained deputed school teachers of classes. Seats reserved for deputed teachers may be de-reserved to make them available to freshers, if they remain vacant after final counselling, with prior approval of the affiliating University.
- The ratio for Home University students and other University students shall be 80:20.
- In case of State-aided Unitary Universities, 25% Seats are to be reserved for untrained deputed school teachers of Classes V – XII, subject to their eligibility as per NCTE Regulations. The ratio for home University students and other University students shall be 90:10, in case of State-aided Unitary Universities.
- The upper ceiling of Admission Fees for B.Ed./ B.P.Ed./ M.Ed./ M.P.Ed. Programme (2 year) in the private /self-financing colleges shall continue to be Rs. 75,000/- (Rupees seventy five thousand) only per annum per student, inclusive of Development Fees, and a ‘Refundable Caution Money’ of Rs. 5,000 (five thousand) only. Hostel charges, where applicable, and University Examination Fees may be realized separately.
to the Government of West Bengal
No. 488-Edn dated 25.04.2018, Source