Admission in Teachers Training Programmes, 2021-2023
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
College Sponsored Branch
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor: Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091
No. 705-Edn(CS)/10M-20/2015 Dated: 13th July 2021
For Teachers’ training courses in the State, the State Government in the Higher Education Department has decided to start the procedure for admission in Teachers’ training programmes for the academic session 2021-2023 with effect from 01st September 2021 and to prescribe the following guidelines for the Universities and Colleges offering B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. Degree: –
- Government and Government-aided Colleges and State-aided Universities offering B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. courses will conduct on-line admission process, on standalone basis.
- Admission to self-financed B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. colleges will be done centrally by the affiliating University through on-line mode only.
- Admission in Govt.-aided B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. colleges having minority status will be done through on-line mode on standalone basis. In case of private/ self-financing colleges having minority Status, admission shall be done by the University through on-line mode.
- 5% Scats in Government/ Government-aided B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. Colleges and in B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. Departments of State-aided Universities are to be reserved for untrained deputed school teachers of Classes V-XII subject to their eligibility as per NCTE Regulations. For self-financing B. Ed./ M. Ed./ B. P. Ed./ M.P. Ed. Colleges, 5% seats are to be reserved for eligible untrained deputed school teachers of classes V-XII. Seats reserved for deputed teachers may be de-reserved to make them available to freshers, if they remain vacant after final counselling, with prior approval of the affiliating University.
- In case of State-aided Unitary’ Universities, 5% Seats are to be reserved for untrained deputed school teachers of Classes V – XII, subject to their eligibility as per NCTE Regulations.
- The ratio for Home University students and other University students shall be 80:20. However, the unfilled Home University Seats, if any, will be filled up by the outside University students and vice-versa.
- No Charges shall be taken from the students for (i) scanning/ uploading of documents for online admission and (ii) providing/ making available the application form/ prospectus of admission in all courses like last year.
- Eligible applicants should be informed directly by the College/ University authorities through letter or e-mail or telecommunication.
- Payment of fees should be done only through e-payment or designated banks and not physically at the colleges/ Universities.
- List of eligible applicants should be handed over to the designated bank branches for verification during payment through banks. Banks will receive admission fees on the basis of merit list.
- The upper ceiling of Admission Fees for B.Ed./ B.P.Ed./ M.Ed./ M.P.Ed. Programme (2 year) in the private/ self-financing colleges shall continue to be Rs. 75,000/- (Rupees seventy-five thousand) only per annum per student, inclusive of Development Fees, and a ‘Refundable Caution Money’ of Rs. 5,000 (five thousand) only. Hostel charges, where applicable, and University Examination Fees may be realized separately.
- The process of admission shall be completed by 30th September 2021 and the classes shall be started on and from 1st October 2021.
- All testimonials are required to be uploaded online during application. Verification of documents, if required, should be done only when the students report for the classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted online.
- All stakeholders shall adhere to the COVID-19 norms/ protocol, issued by the Government time to time.
Sd/- Special Secretary
No. 705-Edn dated 13.07.2021, Source
Higher Education, B. Ed, B. P. Ed