Holiday in view of Elections/ Bye Elections, 2013
Government of West Bengal
Finance (Audit) Department
11th Floor, 325 Sarat Chandra Chatterjee Road,
No. 8155-F (P2) Dated: 08.11.2013
In view of the Elections/ Bye-elections to the Municipalities/ Municipal Corporation to be held on 22nd day of November, 2013 (Friday) in different Districts in the State, the Governor is hereby pleased to declare the said day as public holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 as mentioned in the following scheduled at ‘A’ & ‘B’:
|Date of Poll||Name of the Municipality /Municipal Corporation||District||Holiday under N.I Act||Area, covered under holiday|
|22.11.2013||1||Medinipur Municipality||Paschim Medinipur||22.11.2013||Entire Municipal area|
|2||Howrah Municipal Corporation||Howrah|
|5||Jhargram municipality||Paschim Medinipur|
|Date of Poll||Name of the Municipalities/Municipal Corporation||District||Ward No.(s)||Holiday under N.l Act||Area covered under holiday|
|22.11.2013||1||Siliguri Municipal Corporation||Darjeeling||31||22.11.2013||Concerned wards in the Municipal area|
|4||Cooch Behar Municipality||Coochbehar||17|
|7||Barrackpore Municipality||North 24 Parganas||17|
|8||Bidhannagar Municipality||North 24 Parganas||13|
|9||Rajarhat Gopalpur Municipality||North 24 Parganas||23|
|10||MadhyamgramMunicipality||North 24 Parganas||11|
|11||Bhatpara Municipality||North 24 Parganas||21|
|12||Ashoknagar Kalyangarh Municipality||North 24 Pargqnas||5|
|13||Naihati Municipality||North 24 Parganas||6|
|15||Maheshtala Municipality||South 24 Parganas||2|
|21||Egra Municipality||Purba Medinipur||11|
|22||Asansol Municipal Corporation||Burdwan||47|
All Government Offices, Organisations, Undertakings, Corporations, Boards, Statutory and local Bodies, Educational Institutions, etc. situated within the area as stated above shall remain closed on the date of poll i.e 22-11-2013 so that every employee who is a voter is able to exercise his/her right of franchise in the election.
2. The Labour Department will issue suitable instruction to shops, commercial and industrial Establishments to declare the said date for the concerned areas as paid holiday for the workers to exercise their franchise in the election.
3. In case of an employee working in any Central Government or any other Establishments within the concerned, areas, the employees who are voters to the election shall be permitted to cast their votes by way of special leave.
4. In case of an employee working outside the concerned Municipality/ Municipal Corporation or wards and where the date of poll has not been declared as holiday as in Para 1 above, he/she shall be allowed special leave for the day to enable him to cast his/her vote.
5. In case of re-poll, the employees/workers shall be allowed to cast their votes on the date of repoll in the manner as in Para 3 and 4 above.
6. The day before the date of poll being the date of dispatch are hereby declared as local holidays for the Educational institutions situated within the respective Municipalities/Municipal Corporation and wards as stated in column 5 of Para 1 above.
In case any educational institution or any other establishment has been selected as dispatch centre outside Municipality /Municipal Corporation/ward area, local holiday may be declared for the said institution by the competent Authority on the day of dispatch.
Sd/- R. Majumdar
Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 8155-F dated 08.11.2013, Source