- West Bengal Govt. Wall Calendar, 2022
- West Bengal Govt. Table Calendar (White), 2022
- West Bengal Govt. Table Calendar (Pink), 2022
Government of West Bengal
Finance (Audit) Department
Nabanna, 325, Sarat Chatterjee Road
Howrah – 711102
No. 3640-F(P2) Howrah, the 26th November, 2021
In exercise of the power conferred by the explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 (XXVI of 1881), read with Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Notification No. 20/25/56-pub(1) dated the 8th June, 1957, the Governor is pleased to declare the days as specified at List I below to be Public Holidays during the year 2022.
2. The Governor is also pleased to notify that the offices under the Government of West Bengal with the exception of the offices of the Registrar of Assurances, Kolkata and Collector of the Stamp Revenue, Kolkata shall be closed on the days as specified at List II below which are not declared to be public holidays, during the year 2022.
3. Further, the Governor is pleased to declare that the days as specified at List III may be observed as Sectional Holidays in the year 2022 for the employees of different communities mentioned against the day.
List I (Public Holidays in 2022 under the N. I. Act)
|Birth Day of Swami Vivekananda||12th January, (Wednesday)|
|Republic Day||26th January, (Wednesday)|
|**Saraswati Puja [Sree Panchami]||5th February (Saturday)|
|Doljatra||18th March (Friday)|
|Birth Day of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar||14th April (Thursday)|
|Mahavir Jayanti||14th April (Thursday)|
|Good Friday||15th April (Friday)|
|Bengali New Year’s Day (Nababarsha)||15th April (Friday)|
|Eid-Ul-Fitr||3rd May (Tuesday)|
|Birth Day of Rabindranath Tagore||9th May (Monday)|
|Buddha Purnima||16th May (Monday)|
|Muharram||9th August (Tuesday)|
|Independence Day||15th August (Monday)|
|Durga Puja Astami||03rd October (Monday)|
|Durga Puja Nabami||04th October (Tuesday)|
|Durga Puja Dasami||05th October (Wednesday)|
|Kali Puja||24th October (Monday)|
|Birth Day of Guru Nanak||8th November (Tuesday)|
Yearly Closing of Bank Account: 1st April (Friday) (for Banks only, Government Offices and Treasuries will remain open).
List II (Holidays under the order of State Government in 2022)
|**New Year’s Day||01st January, (Saturday)|
|Day before Saraswati Puja||04th February (Friday)|
|Birth Day of Thakur Panchanan Barma||14th February (Monday)|
|Shivaratri||1st March (Tuesday)|
|**Holi (Day after Doljatra)||19th March (Saturday)|
|Additional day for Eid-Ul-Fitr||4th May (Wednesday)|
|Rathayatra||1st July (Friday)|
|Birth Day of Poet Bhanu Bhakt (for Darjeeling & Kalimpong District only)||13th July (Wednesday)|
|Janmastami||19th August (Friday)|
|Additional day for Durga Puja Mahapanchami||30th September (Friday)|
|**Additional day for Durga Puja Mahasasthi||1st October (Saturday)|
|Additional day in connection with Durga Puja||6th October (Thursday)|
|Additional day in connection with Durga Puja||7th October (Friday)|
|**Additional day in connection with Durga Puja||8th October (Saturday)|
|Additional day in connection with Lakshmi Puja||10th October (Monday)|
|Additional day in connection with Kali Puja||25th October (Tuesday)|
|Additional day in connection with Kali Puja||26th October (Wednesday)|
|Bhatridwitya||27th October (Thursday)|
|Additional day in connection with Chhat Puja||31st October (Monday)|
|Birth Day of Birsa Munda||15th November (Tuesday)|
(##) Birthday of Pandit Raghunath Murmu falls on 16th May, Monday, which is a holiday under N.I. Act and therefore has not been shown separately in List II.
List III (Sectional Holidays in 2022)
|Birth Day of Guru Rabidas||16th February (Wednesday) [for the followers of Guru Rabidas]|
|** Easter Saturday||16th April (Saturday) [for Christians only]|
|Hul Diwas||30th June, (Thursday) [for Adivasi (Santhal) only]|
|Karam Puja||To be notified later on|
($$) Shab-e-Barat, Sectional holiday for Muslim Community falls on 19th March, Saturday, which is State Government holiday and therefore has not been shown separately in List III.
1. Sundays are holidays under the Negotiable Instrument Act
2. In the year 2022, the following festivals/ occasions fall on Sundays which are public Holidays under N. I. Act and hence have not been included in lists:
i) Birth Day of Netaji: 23rd January (Sunday)
ii) Birth Day of Shri Shri Harichand Thankur:
10th April (Sunday) 30th March (Wednesday)
ii) May Day: 1st May (Sunday)
iii) Id-Ud-Zoha (Bakrid): 10th July (Sunday)
iv) Mahalaya: 25th September (Sunday)
v) Birth Day of Gandhiji: 2nd October (Sunday)
vi) Durgapuja Saptami: 2nd October (Sunday)
vii) Fateha-Dwaz-Daham: 9th October (Sunday)
viii) Lakshmi Puja: 9th October (Sunday)
ix) Chhat Puja: 30th October (Sunday)
x) Christmas Day: 25th December (Sunday)
3. The holiday with double asterisk marks i.e.(**) is applicable to those Government Offices only where Saturdays are not observed as full holiday.
4. General instructions as laid down hereunder are to be followed in case of Muslim festivals.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO BE FOLLOWED IN ALL TYPES OF HOLIDAYS INCLUDING HOLIDAYS FOR THE MUSLIM FESTIVALS
1) No substitute holiday shall be allowed if any of the festival – holidays initially notified subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
2) If there is any change in the date of Eid-UI-Fitr, Id-Ud-Zoha, Muharram, Fateha-Dwaz-Daham, Shab-e-Barat depending upon the sighting of the moon, holiday will be declared by a separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for this festival.
3) It may happen that the change of date of abovementioned occasions has to be notified at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement would be made through T.V. /A.I.R. / News Papers. Heads of Department/ Offices of the State Government may take action according to such announcements without waiting for formal order about the change of date.
By order of the Governor,
Sd/- Manoj Pant
to the Government of West Bengal