Municipal General Election on 3rd day of October, 2015
Finance, Municipal Affairs
Government of West Bengal
Finance (Audit) Department
325, Sarat Chandra Chatterjee Road Howrah – 711102
No. 7089-F(P) Dated: 26.09.2015
In view of the Municipal General Elections to the Municipalities/ Municipal Corporations to be held on 3rd day of October, 2015 (Saturday) to the Asansol Municipal Corporation and Municipal Corporation with the head quarter at Bidhannagar and also to the added areas of 16 Wards (Ward Nos. 51 to 66) of Howrah Municipal Corporation vide Notification Nos. 621/MA/O/C-4/1E-1/2008 (Pt.I) and 622/MA/O/C-4/1E-1/2008 (Pt.I) dated 09.09.2015 respectively, the Governor is hereby pleased to declare the said day as public holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 for the above-mentioned Municipal Corporations as per following schedules:
|Sl. No.||Name of the Municipality/ Municipal Corporation||Date of Poll||Holiday under N.I. Act||Area covered under holiday|
|1||Municipal Corporation with the head quarter at Bidhannagar||03.10.2015||03.10.2015||Entire area under Bidhannagar Municipal Corporation|
|2||Asansol Municipal Corporation||Entire area under Asansol Municipal Corporation|
|3||Howrah Municipal Corporation (added areas of 16 Wards (Ward Nos. 51 to 66))||Added areas of 16 Wards (Ward Nos. 51 to 66) Under Howrah Municipal Corporation)|
All Government Offices, Organisations, Undertakings, Corporations. Boards, Statutory and Local Bodies, Educational Institutions, etc. situated within the areas as stated above shall remain closed on the date of poll i.e 03.10.2015 so that every employee who is a voter is able to exercise his/her right of franchise in the election.
2. The Labour Department will issue suitable instruction to shops, commercial and industrial Establishments to declare the said date for the concerned areas as paid holiday for the workers to exercise their franchise in the election.
3. In case of an employee working in any Central Government or any other establishments within the concerned areas, the employees who are voters to the election shall be permitted to cast their votes by way of special leave.
4. In case of an employee working outside the concerned Municipality/Municipal Corporation or Wards and where the date of poll has not been declared as holiday as in Para 1 above, he/she shall be allowed special leave for the day to enable him to cast his/her vote.
5. In case of re-poll, the employees/workers shall be allowed to cast their votes on the date of re-poll.
6. The day before the date of poll being the date of dispatch which is a public holiday under N.I. Act for the Educational institutions situated within the respective Municipalities/Municipal Corporation and wards as stated in column 5 of Para 1 above.
7. In case any educational institution or any other establishment has been selected as dispatch centre outside Municipality Municipal Corporation/ward area, local holiday may be declared for the said institution by the competent Authority on the day of dispatch.
Sd/- S.K. Ghosh
Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 7089-F dated 26.09.2015, Source