Preparedness for On-line Admission to UG/PG Course, 2015-16
Published in Higher Education. Tags: Admission.
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
College Sponsored Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-91
No. 290-Edn(CS) Dated, Kolkata, the 30th March, 2015.
To: The Director of Public Instruction,
Govt. of West Bengal,
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake,
Kolkata – 700 091.
Sub: On-line Admission during Academic Year 2015-16
The next meeting to review the preparedness for on-line Admission in UG and PG Courses will be held on 9th April, 2015 at 13.00 hours in the Derozio Hall of Presidency University, Kolkata. Dr. Partha Chatterjee, the Hon’ble MIC, Higher Education Department will preside over the meeting.
Every Govt./ Govt. aided College and State-aided University is being advised to provide the following information within 15th May, 2015 to the Education Directorate/ Department of Higher Education positively:-
1. Details of web site of the college;
2. E-mail address of the college;
3. Details of seats in prescribed format (to be circulated by DPI shortly) –
i) Course wise & category wise,
ii) Subject wise & category wise,
iii) Academic facilities,
iv) Hostel & Other infrastructural facilities
4. On-line Registration fees fixed for on-line admission, if any;
5. Prepardness so as to start admission schedule within 7 days of the date of publication of Higher Secondary result/ B.A., B.Sc, B.Com, result;
6. Name and address with code no. of the Bank for payment of all fees by an applicant through on-line and /or off-line mode;
7. On-line Admission Committee details viz. name, telephone no., e-mail etc.:
8. Whether test run of software has been done or not;
9. Whether option for restarting admission process manually has been kept keeping in mind the need in case of any mechanical failure.
He is therefore, requested to inform the Principals/ Officers-in-Charge/ Teacher-in-Charge of all Govt./ Govt. aided Colleges of this State to provide the information as referred to above to the Education Directorate positively within 15th May, 2015 and also to attend the meeting on 9th April, 2015 at 13.00 hours in the Derozio Hall of the Presidency University without fail for a detailed discussion on the following issues:-
(i) On-line admission in U.G. and P.G. Courses from 2015-16;
(ii) Mandatory Accreditation of Higher Educational Institutions;
(iii) RUSA Funding;
(iv) NCTE Regulations, 2014;
(v) New Proposals for building grant/ grant for purchase of books, furniture, equipments etc.;
(vi) Further clarifications on COSA/ e-tenders/ e-pradan.
Sd/- M. Ray
No. 290-Edn dated 30.03.2015