Reopening of Schools under School Education Deptt. w.e.f. 12.02.2021
Government of West Bengal
Directorate of School Education
Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor,
Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091.
No. 049 Date: 4/2/2021
From: Dr. A.N. Biswas, I.A.S
Commissioner of School Education, West Bengal
Subject: Reopening of schools under School Education Department
This is to inform you that the competent authority in the Government of West Bengal has decided to re-open schools with the students of class IX, X, XI and XII with effect from 12.02.2021.
You are requested to take all necessary measures for smooth reopening of such schools within your district strictly following the extant Covid norms.
A ‘Covid-19 General Guidelines on Re-opening of Schools’ in the form of Advisory and another advisory from the WBBSE are enclosed for necessary action and circulation to all concerned.
Enclo. As above.
Commissioner of School Education
Proposal for opening of school at Secondary/ Higher Secondary level from 12th February, 2021
- Schools may be opened from classes IX to XII on and from 12th February, 2021.
- Academic classes for IX to XII may be held for each class everyday as per school hours in a week.
- Each IX to XII classes may be divided in two or more separate rooms depending upon resources available (class routine be accordingly adjusted) following social distancing and Covid-19 protocols among the students and staff of the school.
- Besides theoretical classes, the practical classes of class XI and XII may be taken up by the school authority on opening of school from 12th February, 2021.
- IT MUST BE MENTIONED HERE THAT ALL SCHOOLS MUST BE PROPERLY SANITIZED, MUST MAINTAIN ALL COVID-19 PROTOCOLS DURING SCHOOL DAYS i.e. WEARING OF MASK FOR ALL STUDENTS AS WELL AS THE TEACHING AND NON-TEACHING STAFF OF THE SCHOOLS, SOCIAL DISTANCING etc. ALSO PROPER AWARENES MAY BE CREATED AMONG STUDENTS/ GUARDIANS ABOUT NORMS OF COVID-19 PROTOCOL.
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
No. 049 dated 04.02.2021, Source
School Education, Corona Virus