Government of West Bengal
Finance (Audit) Department
325, Sarat Chatteriee Road, Nabanna, Howrah-711102.
No. 7381-F(H) Dated, Howrah, the 30th November, 2017.
The sanctioned posts of Personal Assistants (Schedule-A English Stenographers) is 552 (Five hundred fifty-two).
Present distribution of posts in the cadre of Personal Assistants (Schedule-A English Stenographers) is as follows:-
|Name of Posts||Pre-revised scale No.||No. of Posts|
|Senior Personal Assistant||12||165|
|Senior Personal Secretary, Grade-II||16||71|
|Senior Personal Secretary, Grade-I||17||11|
2. The Government has been considering, for sometime past to improve the service condition and career prospect of Personal Assistants (Schedule-A English Stenographers) by way of creation of some new posts keeping the total cadre strength intact and scale-wise re-distribution of posts.
3. After careful consideration, the Governor has been pleased to create new posts as per table below:-
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post||Number of Posts||Scale|
|1||Principal Personal Secretary||10 (Ten)||Pre-revised Scale No. 18 [PB-4B (Rs. 28,000/- – 52,000/-) with GP- Rs. 7,600/-]|
|2||Senior Principal Personal Secretary||2 (Two)||Pre-revised Scale No. 19 [PB-5 (Rs. 37,000/- – 60,000/-) with GP- Rs. 8,700/-]|
4. The Governor has further been pleased to re-distribute the posts as per table below keeping the total sanctioned strength of the cadre intact:-
|Name of the posts||Pre-revised scale No.||No. of posts|
|Senior Personal Assistant||12||149|
|Senior Personal Secretary, Grade-II||16||98|
|Principal Personal Secretary||13||10|
|Senior Principal Personal Secretary||19||2|
5. As and when the strength of the cadre is required to be increased, number of posts in Pre-revised Scale no. 12 & 15 shall be refixed and the posts in Pre-revised Scale no. 16 onwards shall remain the same.
6. The manner of filling up of the posts upto the level of Senior Personal Secretary, Grade-II in Scale No. 16 will be same as are in existence now. Eligibility criterion for movement to Scale No. 17 by promotion shall remain the same as already depicted vide Memo No. 7500-F(P) dated 18th September, 2013.
7. Eligibility criterion for promotion to the post in Pre-revised Scale No. 18, an employee shall have to render at least 01 year satisfactory service in Pre-revised Scale No. 17 and for promotion to the post in Prerevised Scale No. 19, an employee will have to render at least 02 years satisfactory service In Pre-revised Scale No. 18.
8. Manner of filling-up of posts in Pre-revised Scale no. 18 & 19 shall be done after framing separate Recruitment Rules.
9. All other eligibility criteria for promotion, such as minimum qualifying ACR/APR rating, integrity etc. shall apply as usual.
10. This notification issues with approval of the Cabinet vide Cabinet Sectt. U/O No. CAB(D)-678 dated 28.11.2017 and in the interest of public service with immediate effect.
11. The Pr. Accountant General (A & E), West Bengal, is being informed accordingly.
By Order of the Governor,
Sd/- H.K. Dwivedi
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 7381-F dated 30.11.2017, Source