Government of West Bengal
Directorate of School Education
Bikash Bhavan, 7th Floor
Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091
State Level National Talent Search Examination 2017
(For the students studying in class X)
State level National Talent Search Examination, 2017, for the students of class X or for those who will appear at the 10th level examination, 2017 through ODL mode will be held on 13th November, 2016 (Sunday) in the different centres in the state of West Bengal. Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091 will conduct the said examination.
- On line applications are invited from the students studying in class X of any affiliated and recognized school of W.B.B.S.E./W.B.B.M.E./I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E in West Bengal, securing 50% and above marks (40% and above marks for S.C/S.T/Physically Disabled Candidates) in the final examination of class IX or credited corresponding to the said marks in grading system in final examination of Class IX or equivalent to appear at State level NTSE, 2017.
- Students who have registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) under NIOS/ West Bengal Council of Rabindra Open Schooling and secured 50% and above marks in the pre-10th level examination (40% and above marks for SC/ST/Physically Disabled Candidates) will also be eligible for Scholarship provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July, 2016), the student is not employed and he/she will also appear at class 10th level examination for the first time.
- Three categories of physically challenged groups of children (namely hearing, physically and visually) having valid certificates with 40% and above disability & studying in class 10th standard may appear at the State level National Talent Search Examination, 2017.
- Online applications will be available in the School Education Department’s Scholarship portal- www. scholarships.wbsed.gov.in on and from 08.08.2016.
- Applicant has to print the filled-in application form and certificate format to be filled up by the Head of school/ Institution where he/she is studying and get the Certificate signed with official seal by the Head of the Institution and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copies of (i) Mark-sheet of final examination of class IX/pre-10th level examination as the case may be, (ii) Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, (iii) Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.) whichever is applicable, duly signed by the concerned School Authority latest by 07.09.2016 i.e the last date of submission of application in all respect will be 07.09.2016. In case of Study Centres under ODL mode, the Coordinator or Authorized person shall authenticate the required particulars of the candidates mentioning approval number, code etc. of the Study Centre. The maximum size of scanned document(s) should be 50 KB. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from Head of School/Institution and other necessary documents are uploaded else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- There is no income bar in applying for this scholarship.
- Government does not charge any fee for this examination.
- There are two Educational Districts in addition to 20 Administrative Districts in West Bengal. Those are- BARRACKPORE (Sub-Division:- BARRAKPORE & SALT LAKE) & SILIGURI (Sub-Division:- SILIGURI)
- If the candidate is studying in any school under BARRACKPORE or SALT LAKE Subdivision, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE as district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Sub-division, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
- Applicant should opt for the district in which he/she belongs actually within the Administrative Jurisdiction of the respective district.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any false information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. Also application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/photograph/scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process or scholarship of a selected candidate may be stopped without any reference if it is found that he/she appeared from any unrecognized school.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be given on Notice Section. Please keep checking the scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
Sd/- A. Singh
Commissioner of School Education,