Swasthya Sathi Scheme for Statutory Commissions
Published in Finance. Tags: Swasthya Sathi.
Government of West Bengal
Nabanna, Howrah – 711102
No. 6979-F(P) Dated, the 16th day of November, 2018.
Sub: Extension of Coverage of “Swasthya Sathi” Scheme
The State Government introduced “Swasthya Sathi”, a Group Health Insurance scheme, vide Finance Department No. 1104-F(P) Dated 25th February, 2016. The coverage of the scheme has been extended thereafter on different occasions.
2. It has been under active consideration of the Government to further expand the coverage of Swasthya Sathi. Accordingly, after careful consideration, the Governor is pleased hereby to decide that all permanent and contractual employees of statutory Commissions under different Departments of the State Government will be covered under “Swasthya Sathi” Scheme. This will, however, not cover Government employees on deputation to these Commissions or re-employed Government employees who are covered under the West Bengal Health Scheme, 2008.
3. All Departments will furnish the list of all such employees engaged in the statutory Commissions under their administrative control to the Health and Family Welfare Department, which is the Nodal Department, for inclusion under “Swasthya Sathi” Scheme following the required norms, with a copy to the Finance Department.
4. A tentative list of statutory Commissions is given in Annexure A. The list is not exhaustive and if there are similar Commissions under any Department, all of them will stand included without any reference to Finance Department.
5. This will come into force with immediate effect.
Sd/- H. K. DWIVEDI
Additional Chief Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal.
- West Bengal Heritage Commission
- West Bengal Human Rights Commission
- West Bengal Commission For Women
- West Bengal Minorities Commission
- West Bengal State Commission For Protection of Child Rights
- Public Service Commission, West Bengal
- West Bengal College Service Commission
- West Bengal School Service Commission
- West Bengal Clinical Establishment Regulatory Commission
- West Bengal Electricity Regulatory Commission
- West Bengal Information Commission
- West Bengal State Election Commission
- State Vigilance Commission, West Bengal
No. 6979-F dated 16.11.2018, Source