Subject: Swasthya Sathi
Swasthya Sathi is a Group Health Insurance Scheme for Casual/ daily rated/ contractual workers and different Volunteers (e.g. Civic Police/ Green Police/ Village Police).
- Insurance Policy For Persons Deployed For COVID-19 Related Duties
Free treatment for COVID-19 patients shall be provided in Government Hospitals/ Government-requisitioned private hospital with an additional financial assistance of Rs 1.00 Lakh and a death benefit of Rs 10.00 Lakh.
- Life Insurance for Staffs deployed for Management of COVID-19
Governor is pleased to provide coverage up to Rs 5 lakh for treatment related to COVID-19 and additional Rs 5 lakh as death benefit to all employees/ persons deployed in the containment and management of COVID 19.
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme for Statutory Commissions
Governor is pleased to decide that all permanent and contractual employees of statutory Commissions under different Departments of the State Government will be covered under “Swasthya Sathi” Scheme.
- Basic Health Cover under Swasthya Sathi raised to 5 lacs
Basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care (including Critical illness) shall be up to Rs. 5 Lakh (Rupees Five Lakh) per family per annum for all cases under Swasthya Sathi.
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme for Cable Operators
Coverage of Rs. 5.00 lakh per family during the policy year in cases of critical illness like cancer, neuro surgeries, cardiothoracic surgeries, liver diseases, blood disorders.
- Extension of Swasthya Sathi Scheme for Cable Operators
Governor is pleased to decide that the Cable Operators, sub-operators and workers employed by them in such business are also brought within the coverage of “Swasthya Sathi”.
- Extension of Coverage of “Swasthya Sathi” Scheme
Governor is pleased to include other employees/workers/volunteers/teachers engaged in government work under “Swasthya Sathi” scheme with immediate effect.
- Swasthya Sathi for Nonteaching Staff of College and University
Introduction of Group Health Insurance Scheme named “Swasthya Sathi” for serving nonteaching permanent staff of Government-aided colleges and State-aided Universities.
- Swasthya Sathi for Casual Workers of Colleges and Univeristies
For Contractual Whole Time Teachers (CWTTs), Government approved Part Time Teachers (PTTs) and Daily Rated/ Casual Non-teaching employees of State-aided Universities, Colleges.
- Agreement between Swasthya Sathi and Insurance Company
Agreement between State Nodal Agency, Swasthya Sathi, Government of West Bengal and Insurance Company under Swasthya Sathi Scheme.