Treatment of Unauthorized Absence of all categories of Staff in Hospital
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
DIRECTORATE OF HEALTH SERVICES
BLOCK GN 29, SECTOR – V, SALT LAKE CITY
Memo No. DHS/ Singly /S-136 2013/ Dated: 13.01.2014
i) The Chief Medical Officer of Health – All
ii) Medical Superintendent – Cum – Vice Principal – All
iii) The D.D.Os not included in the above.
Sub:- Unauthorized Absence of all categories of staff in your disposal.
It has been observed from some long past that unauthorized absent of all categories of staff are creating trouble in the day to day functioning of the Health Service. Thus you are hereby directed to take following steps as a remedial measure in accordance to W.B.S (Classification/ Control and Appeal) Rules 1971 in strict observations. This may be circulated to all the Nodal Points from your end.
- Written permission has to be obtained well in advance before proceeding on leave. At least incumbent has to apply for permission of leave before 15 (fifteen) working days prior to proceed on leave to competent authority.
- If any category of staff remain absent for more than three days he should be directed to join his duties immediately and proper receipt to be obtained from the incumbent concerned.
- If no response comes from the end of the incumbent concerned then a reminder letter to be issued to the incumbent from your end ascertaining him a stipulated period (not beyond 90 (ninety) days) to join and he may be informed that the administrative authority will start Disciplinary Proceedings for violation of the order.
- On the basis of administrative Report and recommendation of the C.M.O.H Disciplinary Action will be taken in Terms of W.B.S (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules 1971 by the competent authority.
- Report along with recommendation should be sent to Dy.DHS (Admin.) within a fortnight after the stipulated date 90 (ninety) days.
- In case of Leave on Emergency Health Ground the incumbent has to inform the competent authority within three days from the commencement of leave with sufficient cause and documents.
This is issued in the interest of Public Service.
Sd/- Dr. B.R. Satpathy
Director of Health Services & Ex – Officio Secretary
Government of West Bengal.
No. S-136 dated 13.01.2014, SourceHealth, Leave