GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
West Bengal Act XXXV of 1972
THE WEST BENGAL AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE MARKETING (REGULATION) ACT, 1972.
An Act to provide for the regulation of marketing of agricultural produce in West Bengal.
- Short title, extent and commencement.
- Declaration of market area.
- Declaration of principal market yard sub-market yard and market proper.
- Market Committee.
- Publication of names of members.
- Disqualification of members.
- Terms and conditions for holding office.
- Casual vacancy.
- Removal of member.
- Validity of action of a market committee.
- Duties and functions of the market committee.
- Officers and employees of the market committee.
- Meeting of the market committee.
- Duties of the Secreary and other officers and employees.
- Power to levy fee.
- Power to borrow.
- Market committee fund.
- Application of the market committee fund.
- Execution of contract.
- Dissolution of the market committee.
- Market committee to furnish information to State Government.
- Power of inspection.
- Director may cancel or suspend any licence.
- Alternative arrangements for performing the duties of the market committee.
- Supervisory power of the State Government
- Acquisition of land by market committeee.
- Power to exempt.
- Recovery of sums due.
- Members and employees of a market committee to be public servants.
- Bar of suits in absence of notice.
- Prohibition of trade allowance.
- Power to delegate.
- West Bengal State Marketing Board.
- Act to override other laws.
- Power to make rules.
- Repeal and savings.
Download: WBAPM(R) Act, 1972