West Bengal Heritage Commission Act, 2001
Information & Cultural Affairs. Heritage.
Update: West Bengal Heritage Commission (Amendment) Act, 2006
Update: West Bengal Heritage Commission (Amendment) Act, 2007
Update: West Bengal Heritage Commission (Amendment) Act, 2010
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 604-L Dated 21st March, 2001
West Bengal Act IX of 2001
THE WEST BENGAL HERITAGE COMMISSION ACT, 2001.
An Act to provide for the establishment of a Heritage Commission in the State of West Bengal for the purpose of identifying heritage buildings, monuments, precincts and sites and for measures for their restoration and preservation.
- Short title, extent and commencement.
Establishment of Commission.
- Establishment of Commission.
- Composition of Commission.
- Terms and conditions of service of members.
- Meetings of Commission.
- Vacancies amongst members, or defect in the constitution, of Commission not to invalidate acts or proceedings of Commission.
- Temporary association of persons with Commission for specific purposes.
- Appointment of staff of Commission.
- Authentication or orders and other instruments of Commission.
Powers and functions of Commission.
- Powers and functions of Commission.
- Appeal to State Government in certain cases.
- Power of State Government to revise decision in certain cases.
- Decision of State Government not to be questioned.
- Powers of Commission.
- State Government and local authority to accepts, and to take action in accordance with, the advice of Commission.
Fund, Accounts and Audit.
- Payment to Commission,
- Fund of Commission.
- Annual report.
- Accounts and audit.
- Returns and information.
- Delegation of powers.
- Members and officers of Commission to be public servants.
- Protection of action taken in good faith.
- Power to make rules.
- Power to make regulations.
- Power to make order for removing difficulty.
- Act to have overriding effect.
No. 604-L dated 21.03.2001