Government of West Bengal
Paribahan Bhawan (1st Floor)
12. R. N. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata- 1.
No. 3236-WT/TR/O/1E-243/2014 Dated 14th July, 2017.
Whereas the Transport Directorate under the administrative control of Transport Department has been created lor the purpose of integration of the various activities in the massive operational infrastructure of the Transport Department spread all over the State of West Bengal through Notification No. 4340-WT/TR/O/1E-243/2014 dated 30.11.2015 issued with the approval of the Cabinet, vide their Decision No. 2247 dated 12.06.2015.
And whereas the said Transport Directorate started functioning from the existing main office of the Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata at 38, Beltala Road, Kolkata – 700020 with effect from Ist August, 2016 initially on a limited scale and Director, Public Vehicles Department was entrusted with the additional duties of Director, Transport Directorate, West Bengal vide Notification No. 2940-WT/TR/O/1E-243/2014 dt. 29.07.2016 with due ratification by Personnel and Administrative Reforms & e-Governance Department, Government of West Bengal vide their Notification No. 444-PAR (IAS)/7P-26/2014 dt. 23.02.2017.
And whereas a few officers of this Department and most officers of Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata have also been entrusted with additional duties in the said Transport Directorate vide Memorandum No. 410-WT/TR/0/1E-243/2014 dt. 02.02.2017 read with Order No. 3408-WT/TR/O/1E-243/2014 dt. 01.09.2016.
And whereas it is felt expedient to re-orient the present sanctioned staff strength of the Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata and place the entire staff strength of Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata, consisting of 4 (four) units viz., Beltala, Salt Lake, Kasba & Behala units, at the disposal of the said Transport Directorate, West Bengal.
Now, therefore, the Governor is pleased to decide that the administrative and operational set-up of the Transport Directorate will be maintained in the following manner w. e. f. 01.08.2017:-
1) All the existing sanctioned posts of Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata will belong to the Head Quarter Office of Transport Directorate, West Bengal and the pay and allowances in respect of all the employees of Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata will be drawn by the DDO of Head Quarter Office of Transport Directorate, West Bengal.
2) The Director, Transport Directorate will deploy all the employees, who will be shifted from Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata to the Head Quarter Office of Transport Directorate, West Bengal, in the Head Quarter Office and in the other offices of Kolkata Zone under Transport Directorate, West Bengal, until further order, as and when required.
3) The policy relating to transfer, promotion and seniority of employees, who will be borne in the Head Quarter Office establishment of Transport Directorate, West Bengal on shifting from Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata, will be retained as has been maintained in Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata so far.
4) Due concurrence of the concerned parent departments has been obtained/ would be obtained before the date of effect of this order for officers of Cadre posts of P & AR Department [IAS/ WBCS (Exe)]/ Law & Judicial Department/ Finance Department regarding the changes herein thus incorporated.
5) The financial and other administrative activities of Public Vehicles Department, Kolkata shall, until all existing Rules. Acts etc. are modified accordingly, continue to be undertaken and/or discharged by the officers of the Transport Directorate as entrusted.
6) The posts of Regional Transport Officer & Ex-Officio Assistant Director, Transport Directorate, West Bengal, Additional Regional Transport Officer, Motor Vehicles Inspector (Non-Technical) and Motor Vehicles Inspector (Technical) will now belong to Transport Directorate, West Bengal, while the existing set-ups in the Motor Vehicles Offices in the districts will remain unchanged until further orders.
7) All other matters relating to Transport Directorate will be taken care of in accordance with Notification No. 4340-WT/TR/O/1E-243/2014 dated 30.11.2015.
This issues in the interest of public service.
By Order of the Governor,
Sd/- Principal Secretary
No. 3236-WT dated 14.07.2017, Source