GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE
Admission to the General Nursing & Midwifery (G.N.M.) course for the Session December, 2014 to May, 2018
Applications are invited from Male candidates for admission to three & half years G.N.M. Training Course in Nursing Training Schools under the Govt. of West Bengal. The last six months of the G.N.M. Course will be for internship.
Total No. of Seats : 80. (Bagha Jatin State General Hospital, Kolkata-40, Ashoknagar State General Hospital, North 24 Pgs-40)
Reservation of Seats :
i) Scheduled Caste candidates : 22%
ii) Scheduled Tribe candidates : 6%
iii) Other Backward Classes Category-A candidates : 10%
iv) Other Backward Classes Category-B candidates : 7%
1) Age : Between 17 years – 27 years as on 01.01.2014.
2) The candidate must be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of West Bengal uninterruptedly for at least five years preceding the date of submitting application for admission to the Training School.
3) Candidates must be able to read, write and express in Bengali/Nepali.
4) Minimum Educational Qualification: Passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, or passed equivalent examination from any recognized Council/Board.
5) Selection will be made strictly on the basis of total marks obtained in Languages out of which English must be one and Three Elective subjects (best of three) except (Environmental Studies) in the H.S. (10+2) or equivalent Examination. The application of candidates from vocational stream will not be considered. Selection is subject to verification of mark-sheet from H.S. Council/concerned authority.
6) Applications are to be made as per Proforma below in column 17. All the columns are to be filled up properly. No application will be entertained if necessary documents are not furnished or not as per proforma.
7) Applications must be accompanied by original/self attested photocopies of each of the following documents. If any of the documents is not submitted with the application, the application will be rejected (this will be followed strictly).
a. Self attested photo copy of Marksheet of H.S. Examination or equivalent examination.
b. Age proof certificate – Self attested photocopy of Admit Card or Certificate of Madhyamik or Equivalent Examination.
c. Original copy of the Residential Certificate as prescribed below in the item No. 16 of this advertisement should be issued only by a Gazetted Government Officer of the concerned District where the candidate resides/ Sabhadhipati of local Zilla Parishad/ Sabhapati of local Panchayet Samity/Prodhan of local GramPanchayet/Mayor of local Municipal Corporation/Councilor of local Municipal Corporation/ Chairman of local Municipality/Local ward Councilor /Local M.P/Local M.L.A mentioning that the candidate resides there permanently or for the period of last five (5) years till date.
d. Attested photocopy of candidate’s own Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC-A/ OBC-B certificate issued by the i) In the District- Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub Division concerned ii) In Kolkata- District Welfare Officer, Kolkata/ ex-officio Jt Director or Deputy Director, Backward Classes Welfare Department. (Applicable for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B Candidates only).
e. One recent self signed passport size photograph which is to be affixed on the top right hand corner of the application form.
f. One self addressed envelope with requisite postal stamps pasted on the proper place.
8) Applications are to be submitted to the
Principal Nursing Officer, Inservice Training School, Chittaranjan Seva Sadan And Sishu Sadan, 37, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata-700026.
9) To provide employment to the candidates on completion of the training is not to be taken as an undertaking or obligation on the part of the Govt. of West Bengal.
10) The provisionally selected candidates will be called for necessary medical checkup at the respective Hospitals. The candidates who will fail to appear on the specified date will not be reconsidered. Medically fit candidates will be called for the training according to serial number as per panel. There will be no obligation on the part of the Government of West Bengal to ensure training to all medically fit candidates.
11) Applications must be sent only by Registered Post /Speed Post/Courier. Last date of receiving applications by the respective institution is 30.10.2014. No application will be entertained if not sent by registered Post ./Speed Post/Courier or reaches the office after scheduled date (30.10.2014).
12) The Selected Candidates will have to undergo training residentially in any of the training schools in West Bengal selected for the purpose.
13) The selected Candidates have to pay an amount of Rs. 12/- p.m. towards the charge of residential purpose and a certain amount of money (to be fixed by concerned school authority) towards messing charge.
14) During the period of training if any unlawful activity or violation of rules and regulations of the training course is committed by any candidate, he will be discharged from the training course.
15) No individual intimation will be given to the candidate about rejection.
16) Proforma for Residential Certificate: (Applicable to the candidate of all categories).
I hereby certify that I personally know Sri…………………. He is a citizen of India and has been residing in the district…… in West Bengal for at least five years till date. His present address is ………….
Signature of Competent Authority
With Office seal and date