Selection of Trainees for GNM – Guidelines to Selection Committee
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
DIRECTORATE OF HEALTH SERVICES
SWASTHYA BHAWAN, NURSING BRANCH
SALT LAKE, KOLKATA – 91
No. HNG/4T-12-2012/493, Date: 08/04/2013
A Selection Board is hereby constituted for selection of candidates to be taken as Trainees for the G.N.M. Course for the session September, 2013 to February, 2017 as per Rule 7(2) (a) of the West Bengal state Nurses’ Training (Admission of Students) Rules, 1979 as amended from time to time. The Selection Board will run with ten District Selection Committee respectively for nineteen Districts as mentioned in the Advertisement. Each District Selection Committee will consist of the following members:
|1) Health Secretary, Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council (for Darjeeling District only)/ Medical Superintendent cum Vice Principal/ Superintendent of the Hospital Concerned of the District Selection Committee||— As Chairman|
|2) The C.M.O.H., Darjeeling (for Darjeeling Dist. Only)/ Principal Nursing Officer/ Senior Sister Tutor of the Nursing Training School concerned to the respective District Selection Committee||— As Member Secretary|
|3) Nursing Superintendent of the concerned Hospital||—As Member|
|4) A Representative of the Director of Health Services, West Bengal||—As Member|
|5) The Project Officer, Backward Classes Welfare office of the concerned District||—As Member|
|6) A Representative from the Social Welfare Deptt. (in Case of Kolkata District Selection Committee)||—As Member|
|7) A representative from Civil Defence Deptt. (in case of Selection Committee at N.R.S. M.C.& Hosp)||—As Member|
Besides this, the Principal Nursing Officer/ Sr. Sister Tutor will act as the Convenor. All the Sister Tutors of the concerned Training Schools will assist her in processing of applications.
The Set of Guidelines as given in the Appendix and the instructions as laid down in the advertisement posted in the website www.wbhealth.gov.in should strictly be followed for selection of the Trainee Candidates and subsequent functions.
This will stand valid until further order.
Sd/- Director of Health Services & Ex-Officio Secy.
Government of West Bengal
GUIDELINE FOR THE MEMBERS OF SELECTION COMMITTEE RELATING TO SELECTION OF TRAINEES FOR THE G.N.M. TRAINING COURSE, FOR THE SESSION SEPTEMBER, 2013 TO FEBRUARY, 2017.
1. After just expiry of Last date of submission of Application, the Medical Superintendent cum Vice Principal/ Superintendent/ C.M.O.H. (for Darjeeling District Selection Committee only) being the Chairman of the Selection Committee will call a meeting with the P.N.O./Senior Sister Tutor/ and Nursing Supdt. and give permission to start the processing of the applications received till 12th April, 2013.
2. On the commencement of the selection, in presence of other members of the Selection Committee, the P.N.O./Senior Sister Tutor with the assistance of Sister Tutors of the Training School concerned will collect all the applications together and sort them out according to different categories, viz. General quota, SC & ST quota, Civil Defence Quota for the Selection Committee at N.R.S. Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata and also Orphanage for Kolkata Dist. Selection Committee only.
3. In separate registers for said different categories, the applications should be recorded serially as per Proforma-I and the serial numbers., thus obtained should be put in the space on the right top of the application as the Enrolment No. for example Malda/Gen/5 or Purulia/SC/10.
4. From each category, the applications which are not duly filled in by the applicant’s own hand writing/ furnished with the incorrect particulars/ lacking requisite particulars or documents accompanied by photograph and testimonials not duly attested, will be sorted out and kept aside for placing before selection committee for cancellation.
5. The applications which show the candidate’s underage or overage or prove to have been applied from more than one districts will also be sorted out and kept aside in order to place before selection committee for cancellation.
6. Now, as per proforma-II, a panel for the eligible candidates, deem to be selected, should be made strictly on the basis of merit on percentage of Marks obtained in compulsory Subjects (in Total) in the H.S. Exam. (10 +2) or equivalent Public Exam. If the marks in compulsory subject be equal, weightage will be given to candidates with higher aggregate and then age. This panel must be within the limit of number of seats for the respective district with specific provision of reservation as per rules.
7. In the same manner, one waiting panel for eligible candidates who may be called on when any of the selected candidates will refuse admission or remain absent should be made and this also will be within limit of number of seats of the district.
8. Then, in the same manner, a list of the candidates, whose candidature will be cancelled due to non eligibility or rejection of the application should be made mentioning the reason of cancellation.
9. All the registers, the selected panels and the waiting panels and the list of non eligible candidates should be placed before the selection committee for perusal and properly signed by all the members related to the case.
10. A list of selected candidates as well as waiting list, duly signed by the members should be displayed in the Notice Board of the respective Training centre for perusal, after approval of the D.H.S., W.B.
11. All the Applications and documents along with envelope should be kept under safe custody of the P.N.O/ Senior Sister Tutor concerned in the respective districts.
12. After selection is over, all the Mark-sheets of H.S. Exam. (10+2) or equivalent Public Exam, should be sent to the respective council for verification by the local authority and completed by 21-06-2013 positively.
13. Finally, for approval of D.H.S. (W.B.) both the selected panels and the waiting panels for each category and the report of Marks verification, as well as the list for non-eligible candidates duly signed by the members should be sent to the D.D.H.S. (Nursing) W.B. by 05.07.2013 positively.
14. The following points should also be carefully noted:
Last date of receiving of the application is 12.04.2013. The Joining of the Selected candidates should be from 02.09.2013 to 09.09.2013 Age limit 18 years to 27 years should strictly be followed.
Total seats- 850
SC-22%, ST – 6%, CD – 2.5%, Orph. – 2%.
Distribution of Seats in Various Districts:-
|Sl.||Name of the District||Total No. of Seat||Genl.||S.C.||S.T.||C.D||Orph|
[22% reserved for S.C. = 187, 6% reserved for S.T. = 51, 2.5% seat for C.D. = 21, 2% seat for Orph. = 17]
Distribution of Candidates in various Institutions:-
|Sl. No.||Name of the Institution||Sanctioned Seats|
|1||District Hospital, Cooch Behar||20|
|2||Kalimpong S.D. Hospital||20|
|3||North Bengal Medl. College & Hosp.||35|
|4||District Hospital, Darjeeling||25|
|5||District Hospital, Jalpaiguri||30|
|6||Balurghat District Hospital, Dakshin Dinajpur||40|
|7||District Hospital, Malda||30|
|8||District Hospital, Murshidabad, Berhampore||30|
|9||District Hospital, Nadia, Shaktinagar||25|
|10||J.N.M Hospital, Kalyani, Nadia||20|
|11||G.N.M Training Centre, Purulia||35|
|12||District Hospital, Birbhum, Suri||20|
|13||Medinipur Medical College &Hospital, Paschim Medinipur||30|
|14||Bankura Sammilani Medical College & Hospital, Bankura||70|
|15||District Hospital, Howrah||25|
|16||District Hospital, Hooghly||30|
|17||S.S.K.M. Hospital, Kolkata-20||45|
|18||R.G.Kar Medl. College & Hospital, Kolkata-04||45|
|19||Calcutta National Medical College & Hosp., Kolkata||50|
|20||M.R. Bangur Hospital, Tollygunge, Kol-33||20|
|21||S.N. Pandit Hospital, Kolkata||20|
|22||L. D.V. Hospital, Kolkata-09||30|
|23||Burdwan Medical College & Hospital||50|
|24||N.R.S. Medical College & Hospital, Kol-14||70|
|25||Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata-73||X|
|26||Purba Medinipur District Hospital, Tamluk||35|
15. These are in accordance with the West Bengal State Nurses’ Training (Admission of students) rules, 1979 as amended from time to time. Besides the above points, the instructions as laid dowrf in the advertisement must be strictly followed.
16. The selection of G.N.M. Candidates likely to be held on and from 04.06.2013 and must be completed by 15.06.2013
17. After approval of the panels by the D.H.S. W.B. the selected Candidates may be called for the Medical Check-up and allowed to join subsequently provided they are found Medically fit.
Sd/- Dy. Director of Health Services (Nursing)
Govt. of West Bengal
Main Order, Source