Government of West Bengal
Writers’ Buildings, Block-IV
2nd Floor, Kolkata-700 001
Memo No. 12-F(Pen) 9th January, 2015.
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to State Government Pensioners/ Family Pensioners with effect from 1st January, 2015.
In continuation of this Department Memo No. 552-F(Pen) dated 24.12.2013 sanctioning instalment of relief to the State Government Pensioners/ Family Pensioners with effect from 1.1.2014 onwards, the undersigned is directed to state that the Governor is pleased to decide that the State Government Pensioners/ Family Pensioners shall draw Dearness Relief @ 65% of basic pension/basic family pension with effect from 1st January, 2015 onwards in supersession of the rates mentioned in the Order dated 24.12.2013 as mentioned above.
2. Payment of relief on Pension/Family Pension involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
3. It will now be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority to calculate the quantum of relief on Pension/ Family Pension payable to each individual case.
4. For the purpose of payment of relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other States.
5. The Treasury/ Sub-Treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
6. This benefit of Dearness Relief as has been sanctioned in the aforesaid Memorandum for the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners will also be allowed to the teaching and non-teaching pensioners of State aided Non-Government Educational Institutions and Pensioners of Statutory Bodies/ Government Undertakings/ Panchayats including Panchayat Karmee and Municipal Corporations/ Municipalities/ Local Bodies, etc. who are in receipt of Dearness Relief @ 58% of basic pension with effect from 1st January, 2014. In such cases, the respective Administrative Department may sanction the benefit of Dearness Relief @ 65% with effect from 1st January, 2015 to the pensioners concerned under their control without making any further reference to Pension Branch of this Department.
7. It has also been decided that in the case of Public Undertakings/ Statutory Bodies, the additional expenditure should be borne by such Undertakings/ Bodies themselves out of their own resources or out of financial assistance provided for them in the budget and that no additional financial assistance will be given to them on account of sanction of this instalment of Dearness Relief.
Sd/- S.K. Das
Commissioner to the
Government of West Bengal