Ex-gratia Payment to West Bengal Govt. Pensioners, 2017
Government of West Bengal
Block-IV, 2nd floor, Writers’ Buildings,
Memo. No. 307-F (Pen)/1P-1(16)/11 Dated, Kolkata, the 14th June, 2017.
Subject: Grant of ex-gratia payment to the State Government Pensioners.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that in order to provide some relief to the State Government Pensioners during the ensuing festivals, the Governor has been pleased to decide that all State Government Pensioners including the holders of provisional pension who retired prior to 30.9.2016 and also the pensioners who retired or died after 30.9.2016 but prior to 01.09.2017 and whose basic pension plus relief on pension as on March 31, 2017 did not exceed Rs. 25000/-(Rupees twenty five thousand) only and are not eligible for ad-hoc bonus shall be paid an ex-gratia grant of Rs. 1900/- (Rupees One thousand and nine hundred) only in lump per head.
2. The charge is debitable to the head “2071-Pensions and other retirement Benefits-01-Civil-800-other Expenditure-NP-001-fund required for meeting other expenditure-V-04-Pension/ Gratuities” during the current financial year.
3. The ex-gratia grant sanctioned herein will also be admissible to:-
i) The holders of family pension, ex-gratia family pension and adhoc family pension;
ii) Pensioners (including widow pension holders) who draw their pension sanctioned under French Pension Rules;
iii) Holders of extra-ordinary pension; and
iv) Holders of ex-gratia pension.
The benefit will also be admissible to the pensioners of the undivided Government of Bengal and the pensioners of the erstwhile East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) Government who migrated to West Bengal and are receiving pension under “Provisional Payment of Pension Scheme”.
4. The ex-gratia grant sanctioned herein will not be admissible to the special categories of pensioners, such as:-
i) Pensioners who have migrated from Pakistan;
ii) Political Pensioners;
iii) Special Pensioners;
iv) War Risk Pensioners;
v) Pensioners governed by the All India Services Rules.
5. The benefit will also not be admissible to those who are entitled to ad-hoc bonus sanctioned by the State Government and those who are employed/re-employed under any Public Undertakings/ Statutory Bodies under the Government and are in receipt of bonus or ex-gratia payment in lieu there of during the current financial year.
6. State Government pensioners who draw their pension through Public Sector Banks will get this ex-gratia grant through their respective Bank Accounts. The Principal accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will issue an authority for this purpose to all such Banks under the Kolkata Payment Scheme immediately on receipt of this order so that the pensioners may draw the ex-gratia grant immediately to make their commitments for their festival. The Treasury/ Sub-Treasury Office will take appropriate steps for issue of cheque to the respective paying branches of the Banks and Post Offices, so that the pensioners receiving pension through Banks and Money Order get the payment of ex-gratia immediately to meet their commitments for their festival. No authority of the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will be required for this purpose.
7. Subject to para 6 above, this order will also be applicable to those who are eligible for this ex-gratia grant but whose pension/family pension has not yet been sanctioned. In their cases and in the case of persons who are drawing provisional pension, this amount of ex-gratia will be drawn by the authority competent to draw provisional pension in the same manner as the amount of provisional pension is drawn by him. In their cases, the facts of payment of ex-gratia grant should be intimated to the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal at the time of forwarding their pension papers for final sanction of pension.
This benefit of ex-gratia grant of Rs. 1900/- per head as has been sanctioned in this memorandum for the State Government Pensioners will also be allowed to the teaching and nonteaching Pensioners of State aided Non-Government Educational Institutions and Pensioners of Panchayats, the Pensioners of Municipal Corporations/ Municipalities/ Local Bodies and other Organisations for whom pension is authorised either by the Accountant General, West Bengal or the DPPG, West Bengal. In such cases the respective Administrative Department may sanction the benefit of ex-gratia payment @ Rs. 1900/- per head this year to the pensioners concerned under their control without making any further reference to Pension Branch of this Department.
The payment of ex-gratia as sanctioned herein above should be made by 19 June, 2017 for the Muslim Pensioners/ Family Pensioners and other than Muslim Pensioners/ Family Pensioners the benefits should be disbursed in between 11th September, 2017 to 18th September, 2017.
Sd/- B.C. Ranjan
Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 307-F dated 14.06.2017, Source