For any query, ask here: Ex-gratia Payment to Teaching/ Non-teaching Employees, 2012
Government of West Bengal
School Education Department
Planning & Budget Branch
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 091.
No. 465-SE(P&B)/5B-19/2011, Dated: 12.10.2012.
Sub: Grant of ex-gratia payment to the Pensioners/ family pensioners of the teaching and non-teaching employees of Non-Govt. Aided/ Sponsored Educational Institutions etc.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that in order to provide some relief to the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners of the teaching and non-teaching employees of Non-Govt. Aided/ Sponsored Educational Institutions etc. during the ensuing festivals, the Governor has been pleased to decide that all Pensioners/ Family Pensioners of the teaching and non-teaching employees of Non-Govt. Aided/ Sponsored Educational Institutions etc .under D.C.R.B. ’81 Scheme including the holders of provisional pension who retired prior to 30.09.2011 and also the Pensioners who retired or died after 30.09.2011 but prior to 01.09.2012 and whose basic pension plus relief on pension as on March 31, 2012 did not exceed Rs. 22,000/- (Rupees Twenty two thousand) only and are not eligible to receive ad-hoc Bonus shall be paid an ex-gratia grant of Rs. 900/- (Rupees nine hundred) only in lump per head irrespective of the amount of their monthly pension.
2. The charge is debitable to the head “2071-Pension and other retirement benefits-01 -Civil- 109-Pension to Employees of State Aided Educational Institutions” during the current financial year.
3. The Pensioners/ Family Pensioners of the teaching and non-teaching employees of Non-Govt. Aided/ Sponsored Educational Institutions etc. who draw their pension through Public Sector Banks will get this ex-gratia grant through their Bank Account. The Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will issue an authority for this purpose to all such Banks under the Kolkata Payment Scheme immediately on receipt of this order so that the Pensioners/ Family Pensioners may draw the ex-gratia grant immediately to make their commitments for their festival. The Treasury/ Sub-Treasury Office will take appropriate steps for issue of cheque to the respective paying branches of the Banks and Post Offices, so that the Pensioners/Family Pensioners receiving pension through Banks and Money Order get the payment of ex-gratia immediately to meet their commitments for their festival. No authority of the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will be required for this purpose.
4. Subject to para 3 above, this order will also be applicable to those who are eligible for this ex-gratia grant but whose pension/family pension has not yet been sanctioned. In their cases and in the case of persons who are drawing provisional pension, this amount of ex-gratia will be drawn by the authority competent to draw provisional pension in the same manner as the amount of provisional pension is drawn by him. In their cases, the facts of payment of ex-gratia grant should be intimated to the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal at the time of forwarding their pension papers for final sanction of pension.
5. The payment of ex-gratia as sanctioned herein above should be disbursed in between 5th October, 2012 and 12th October, 2012.
6. This order issues in terms of Finance Department, Pension Branch Memo No. 351-F(Pen) dated 7th August, 2012.
OSD & Ex-Officio Deputy Secretary
to the Government of West Bengal.
No. 465-SE dated 12.10.2012, Source