Guidelines on Admission through Lateral Entry Scheme, 2015-16April 4, 2022
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
HIGHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
BIKASH BHAVAN, SALT LAKE
No. 390-Edn(T)/10M-51/15 Dated: Kolkata, the 3rd day of September, 2015.
Sub: Guidelines for admission in 2nd Year (3rd Semester) of Under Graduate level Engineering & Technology Programmes through decentralized counselling process under Lateral Entry Scheme of AICTE for the academic year 2015-16.
Whereas the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB), vide Notification No. WBE/CN-170, Dated, the 12th August, 2015 has already published the necessary Guidelines for admission to 2nd Year (3rd Semester) of under graduate level Engineering & Technology Programmes in the academic year 2015-2016 through the State Common Entrance Examination for the said program (i.e. JELET-2015)
Whereas in the said Guidelines the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has already notified necessary venue, period of counseling, application procedure, counseling fee, eligibility criteria, reservation policy as well as other relevant information towards admission in 2nd Year (3rd Semester) of under graduate level Engineering & Technology programmes in the academic session of 2015-16;
Whereas, in the said guidelines it has been mentioned that candidates will be required to take admission to the allotted University/Institute within five days from the date of allotment,
Whereas it has; been observed that the seats in the second year level are remaining vacant after the completion of such allotment and admission process in different participating Universities and Institutes of the State offering under graduate level Engineering & Technology programmes,
Now, therefore it is clarified that on completion of the centralised counselling and admission process, the participating Universities and Institutes of the State may pursue the admission procedure in the under graduate level Engineering & Technology Programmes in the Universities and Institutes as notified here under:
1. The seats remaining vacant in the second year level will be open for admission through decentralized counseling for diploma holder students in Engineering & Technology programmes as well as B.Sc. passed students following the same guidelines in terms of eligibility criteria for different Universities and Institutes.
2. The participating Universities and Institutes willing to admit students through such decentralized counseling process shall have to follow a complete transparent admission procedure inviting application from intending diploma holder students in Engineering & Technology programmes from AICTE Approved Institutions as well as B.Sc. passed students from UGC Recognised Institutions by posting necessary notice, as against declared vacancy position by the University/ Institutes in respect of the said programmes, in their respective Notice Board and/or the Institutional website.
3. The candidates will be offered the said vacant seats in the following order of preference:
a) Candidates with JELET-2015 Rank who are otherwise eligible for admission to 2nd year of under graduate level programmes in Engineering & Technology courses as per the Norms and Guidelines provided by the AICTE will be given the first preference. Admission must be made strictly on merit and preference.
b) Candidates with diploma in Engineering & Technology from AICTE approved Institutions who are otherwise eligible for admission under the scheme, will be given the second preference.
c) Candidates with B.Sc. degree from UGC Recognised Institutions who are otherwise eligible for admission under the scheme, will be given the next preference.
The cut-off date for completion of decentralized counseling and admission under this scheme shall have to be in accordance to the academic calendar of the concerned Affiliating University for the academic year 2015-16.
Individual University/ Institution admitting students under this scheme, must maintain complete transparency in the admission procedure and accordingly shall communicate the following information positively to the affiliating University as well as to the Director of Technical Education, Government of West Bengal:
(1) Notice Published,
(2) Vacancy List published in a course-wise manner,
(3) Merit List prepared for admission from amongst applicant students
(4) The final list of students admitted.
Sd/- VIVEK KUMAR
Higher Education Department
No. 390-Edn dated 03.09.2015