WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION
9/2, Block – DJ Sector II, Salt lake, Kolkata – 700091
No. Est./426/2018 Date: 27.11.2018
The President, Council is pleased to declare that the Council will observe the following holidays during the year, 2019.
|English New Year’s Day (2019 A.D.)||1st January, Tuesday|
|* Birth Day of Swami Vivekananda||12th January, Saturday|
|Birthday of Netaji||23rd January, Wednesday|
|* Republic Day||26th January, Saturday|
|* Saraswati Puja (Sree Panchami)||10th February, Sunday|
|Additional Day (In connection with “Saraswati Puja”)||11th February, Monday|
|Shivaratri||4th March, Monday|
|Dol Jatra||21st March, Thursday|
|Holi (Day after Dol Jatra)||22nd March, Friday|
|Councils’ Foundation Day||3rd April, Wednesday|
|* Birthday of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar & Baisakhi (for Sikhs only)||14th April, Sunday|
|Bengali New Years Day||15th April, Monday|
|Mahabir Jayanti (for Jains only)||17th April, Wednesday|
|Good Friday||19th April, Friday|
|* Easter Saturday (for Christian only)||20th April, Saturday|
|Sabe-Barat (For Muslims only)||21st April, Sunday|
|May Day||1st May, Wednesday|
|Birth Day of Rabindranath Tagore||9th May, Thursday|
|* Buddha Purnima||18th May, Saturday|
|Id-UI-Fitar||5th June, Wednesday|
|* Hul Diwas (Adibasi Santal)||30th June, Sunday|
|* Birth Day of Poet Bhanu Bhakat (For Darjeeling District only)||13th July, Saturday|
|Id-Ud-Joha (Bakrid)||12th August, Monday|
|Independence Day||15th August, Thursday|
|Janrnastami||23rd August, Friday|
|Maharam||10th September, Tuesday|
|* Mahalaya||28th September, Saturday|
|Gandhi Birthday||2nd October, Wednesday|
|Durgapuja to Laxmipuja||3rd October, Thursday to 15th October Tuesday|
|Kalipuja||27th October, Sunday|
|Additional day in connection with Kalipuja||28th October, Monday|
|Bhatridwitia||29th October, Tuesday|
|Additional Day in connection with Bhatridwitya||30th October, Wednesday|
|* Chhat Puja||02nd November, Saturday|
|* Fateh-Duaz-Duham||10th November, Sunday|
|Birth day of Gurunanak||12th November, Tuesday|
|Christmas Day||25th December, Wednesday|
1. No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially notified subsequently happen to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
2. If there is any change in the date of Id-Ul-Fitar, Id-Ud-Joha, Muharrum, Fateh-Duaz-Daham, Sab-E-Barat depending upon the sighting of the Moon, holiday will be declared by a separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for these festivals.
In such a situation, announcement of the state Govt. through T.V./A.I.R./News paper will be followed.
3. Karam Puja: To be notified later on.
4. The Office of the Council will remain closed on all SATURDAYS and SUNDAYS of each month.
5. * Marked festivals/ Occasion fall on ‘SATURDAY’ or ‘SUNDAY’.