WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION
9/2, Block – DJ Sector II, Salt lake, Kolkata – 700091
No. Est/292/2020 Date: 11.12.2020
The President, Council is pleased to declare that the Council will observe the following holidays during the year, 2021.
|English New Year’s Day (2021 A.D.)||1st January, Friday|
|Birth Day of Swami Vivekananda||12th January, Tuesday|
|*Birthday of Netaji||23rd January, Saturday|
|Republic Day||26th January, Tuesday|
|*Birth Day of Thakur Panchanan Barma||14th February, Sunday|
|Saraswati Puja (Sree Panchami)||16th February, Tuesday|
|Additional Day (In connection with “Saraswati Puja”)||17th February, Wednesday|
|Shivaratri||11th March, Thursday|
|*Dol Jatra||28th March, Sunday|
|Holi (Day after Dol Jatra)||29th March, Monday|
|Sab-e-Barat (For Muslims only)||30th March, Tuesday|
|Good Friday||2nd April,, Friday|
|*Councils’ Foundation Day & ( Easter Saturday)||3rd April, Saturday|
|Birthday of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar||14th April, Wednesday|
|Bengali New Year’s Day||15th April, Thursday|
|*Mahavir Jayanti||25th April, Sunday|
|*May Day||1st May, Saturday|
|*Birthday of Rabindra Nath Tagore||09th May, Sunday|
|Id-UI-Fitar||14th May, Friday|
|*Addifional day in connection with Id – UI – Fitrar||15th May, Saturday|
|Buddha Purnima||26th May, Wednesday|
|Hul Diwas (For Adibasi Santal only)||30th June, Wednesday|
|Rathayatra||12th July, Monday|
|Birthday of Poet Bhanu Bhakat (For Darjeeling & Kalimpong District only)||13th July, Tuesday|
|Id-Ud-Zoha (Bakrid)||21st July, Wednesday|
|*Independence Day||15th August, Sunday|
|Muharram||19th August, Thursday|
|Janmastami||30th August, Monday|
|*Gandhi Birthday||2nd October, Saturday|
|Mahalaya||6th October, Wednesday|
|Durgapuja from Mahasasthi To Additional Day in connection with Lakshmi Puja (Including Fateha-Dwaz-Daham)||11th October, Monday to 22nd October, Friday|
|Kali Puja||04th November, Thursday|
|Additional Day in connection with Kali Puja||05th November, Friday|
|*Bhatridwitia||06th November, Saturday|
|Day before Chhat Puja||09th November, Tuesday|
|Chhat Puja||10th November, Wednesday|
|Birth Day of Birsa Munda||15th November, Monday|
|Birthday of Gurunanak||19th November, Friday|
|*Christmas Day||25th December, Saturday|
1. No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially notified subsequently happen to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
2. If there is any change in the date of Id-UI-Fitar, Id-Ud-Joha, Muharrum, Fateh-Duaz-Daham, Sab-E-Barat depending upon the sighting of the Moon, holiday will be declared by a separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for these festivals.
In such a situation, announcement of the State Govt. through T.V./A.I.R./ News paper will be followed.
3. Karam Puja: To be notified later on.
4. The Office of the Council will remain closed on all SATURDAY and SUNDAY of each month.
5. *Marked festivals/ Occasion fall on ‘SATURDAY’ or ‘SUNDAY’