WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION
9/2, Block – DJ Sector II, Salt lake, Kolkata – 700091
No. Est/333/2021 Date: 09.12.2021
The President, Council is pleased to declare that the Council will observe the following holidays during the year, 2022.
|English New Year’s Day (2022 A.D.)||1st January, Saturday|
|Birth Day of Swami Vivekananda||12th January, Wednesday|
|*Birthday of Netaji||23rd January, Sunday|
|Republic Day||26th January, Wednesday|
|Day before Saraswati Puja||4th February, Friday|
|*Saraswati Puja||5th February, Saturday|
|Birth Day of Thakur Panchanan Barma||14th February, Monday|
|Birthday of Guru Rabidas (Followers of Guru Rabidas)||16th February, Wednesday|
|Shivaratri||1st March, Tuesday|
|Doljatra||18th March, Friday|
|*Holi (Day after Dol Jatra)||19th March, Saturday|
|*Councils’ Foundation Day||3rd April, Sunday|
|*Birthday of Sri Sri Haricharan Thakur||10th April, Sunday|
|Birthday of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar & Mahavir Jayanti||14th April, Thursday|
|Bengali New Year’s Day & Good Friday||15th April, Friday|
|*Easter Saturday (Christian only)||16th April, Saturday|
|*May Day||1st May, Sunday|
|Id-Ul-Fitar||3rd May, Tuesday|
|Additional day in connection with Id-Ul-Fitar||4th May, Wednesday|
|Birthday of Rabindra Nath Tagore||09th May, Monday|
|Buddha Purnima||16th May, Monday|
|*Hul Diwas (For Adibasi Santal only)||30th June, Thursday|
|Rathayatra||1st July, Friday|
|*Id-Ud-Zoha (Bakrid)||10th July, Sunday|
|Birthday of Poet Bhanu Bhakat (For Darjeeling & Kalimpong District only)||13th July, Wednesday|
|Muharram||9th August, Tuesday|
|Independence Day||15th August, Monday|
|Janmastami||19th August, Friday|
|*Mahalaya||25th September, Sunday|
|Durgapuja from Mahasasthi To Additional Day in connection with Lakshmi Puja (Including Gandhi Birthday & Fateha-Dwaz-Daham)||30th September, Friday to 10th October, Monday|
|Kali Puja||24th October, Monday|
|Additional day in connection with Kali Puja||25th & 26th October, Tuesday & Wednesday|
|Bhatridwitia||27th October, Thursday|
|*Chhat Puja||30th October, Sunday|
|Additional day in connection with Chhat Puja||31st October, Monday|
|Birthday of Gurunanak||8th November, Tuesday|
|Birth Day of Birsa Munda||15th November, Tuesday|
|*Christmas Day||25th December, Sunday|
1. No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially notified subsequently happen to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
2. If there is any change in the date of Id-UI-Fitar, Id-Ud-Joha, Muharrum, Fateh-Duaz-Daham, Sab-E-Barat depending upon the sighting of the Moon. Holiday will be declared by a separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for these festivals.
In such a situation, announcement of the State Govt. through T.V./ A.I.R./ News paper will be followed.
3. Karam Puja: To be notified later on.
4. The Office of the Council will remain closed on all SATURDAY and SUNDAY of each month.
5. *Marked festivals / Occasion fall on ‘SATURDAY’ or ‘SUNDAY’