WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION
9/2, Block – DJ Sector II, Salt lake, Kolkata – 700091
No. Est./971/2017 Date: 06.11.2017
The President, Council is pleased to declare that the Council will observe the following holidays during the year, 2018.
|English New Year’s Day (2018 A.D.)||1st January, Monday|
|Birth Day of Swami Vivekananda||12th January, Friday|
|Saraswati Puja (Sree Panchami)||22nd Januuary, Monday|
|Birthday of Netaji||23rd January, Tuesday|
|Republic Day||26th January, Friday|
|Shivaratri||14th February, Wednesday|
|Dol Jatra||01st March, Thursday|
|Holi||2nd March, Friday|
|Mahabir Jayanti (for Jains only)||29th March, Thursday|
|Good Friday||30th March, Friday|
|* Easter Saturday (for Christian only)||31st March, Saturday|
|Council’s Foundation Day||3rd April, Tuesday|
|* Birth day of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar & Baisakhi (for Sikhs only)||14th April, Saturday|
|* Bengali New Year’s Day||15th April, Sunday|
|Buddha Purnima||30th April, Monday|
|May Day||1st May, Tuesday|
|Sabe-Barat (For Muslims only)||02nd May, Wednesday|
|Birth Day of Rabindra Nath Tagore||9th May, Wednesday|
|* Id-Ul-Fitar||16th June, Saturday|
|* Hul Diwas (Adibasi Santal)||30th June, Saturday|
|Birth Day of Poet Bhanu Bhakat (For Darjeeling District only)||13th July, Friday|
|Independence Day||15th August, Wednesday|
|Id-Ud-Joha (Bakrid)||22nd August, Wednesday|
|Janmastami||03rd September, Monday|
|Maharam||21st September, Friday|
|Gandhi Birthday||02nd October, Tuesday|
|Mahalaya||08th October, Monday|
|Durgapuja to Laxmipuja||15th October, Monday to 25th October Thursday|
|Kalipuja||06th November, Tuesday,|
|Additional day in connection with Kalipuja||7&8th November, Wednesday & Thursday|
|Bhatridwitia||09th November, Friday|
|Chhat Puja||13th November, Tuesday|
|Birth day of Gurunanak||23rd November, Friday|
|Fateh-Duaz-Duham||19th December, Wednesday|
|Christmas Day||25th December, Tuesday|
- No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially notified subsequently happen to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
- If there is any change in the date of Id-UI-Fitar, Id-Ud-Joha, Muharrum, Fateh-Duaz-Daham, Sab-E-Barat depending upon the sighting of the Moon, holiday will be declared by a separate order for the date on which the festival would be actually observed in lieu of the date originally notified as holiday for these festivals. In such a situation, announcement of the state Govt. through T.V./A.I.R./ News paper will be followed.
- Karam Puja: To be notified later on.
- The Office of the Council will remain closed on all Saturdays and Sundays of each month.
- * Marked festivals/ Occasion fall on ‘SATURDAY’ or ‘SUNDAY’.