Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Minority Students, 2014-15
Update: Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Minority Students, 2015-16
West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation
(A Statutory Corporation of Govt. of West Bengal)
An ISO 9001-2008 Certified Organization
In terms of announcement of the MOMA, GOI,
Applications are invited for Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for the year 2014-15
(For Minority Students)
The West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation invites online applications from meritorious students belonging to Minority Communities (i.e. Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Jain and Parsee) who are pursuing Technical/Professional Courses at Under Graduate/ Post Graduate level in recognized Institutions under recognized Universities of West Bengal and other recognized Universities of other states of India. The site can be accessed through the URL www.momascholarship.gov.in. A link to the site is also available in the website www.wbmdfc.org and www.minorityaffairs.gov.in. A list of the eligible courses is given at the above websites.
The Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. He/ She must be the citizen of India and domicile of West Bengal.
2. His/ Her annual family income should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh.
3. He/ She should have obtained minimum 50% marks in the last final examination of the Board/ University.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. He/ She may get full Course Fee in case of Listed Institutions like- IIT, IIM, NIT,NIFT,IIFT etc. (as per list of 85 institutes available in website).
2. He/ She may get Scholarship upto Rs. 30,000/-(ie. Actual Course Fee or Rs. 20,000/- per annum, whichever is less and Maintenance Allowance upto Rs. 10,000/- for Hosteller/ Rs. 5000/- for Day Scholar) per year for the Institutions other than Listed Institutions.
3. The eligible students are to apply Online at www.momascholarship.gov.in and after finalization submit the same to their Institutions along with the supportive documents.
4. After submission of Online Applications, the students are required to submit duly signed printed version of their online applications along with all supportive documents to their respective institutes.
5. Timeline for Fresh & Renewal MCM Scholarship 2014-15:-
|1.||Last date for submission of Online Applications for Fresh/Renewal Scholarship by the students.||30th September 2014||15th November 2014|
|2.||Last date for submission of duly signed printed version of Online Applications along with all supportive documents to their respective institutes.||10th October 2014||20th November 2014|
|3.||Last date for scrutiny of Online Applications by the institutes. The institute will submit the hard copy of the online applications duly verified to M.D. WBMDFC.||20th October 2013||25th November 2014|
6. Additional documents which are to be attached with the hardcopy of Online Applications:-
a) Photocopy of applicant’s bank passbook containing name and CBS a/c no., bank branch name.
b) One CANCELLED CTS Cheque leaf.
7. The institute is to submit the hard copy of online application along with the supportive documents to the Managing Director, WBMDFC, ‘AMBER’, DD-27/E, SALT LAKE CITY, SEC-I, KOLKATA-700064.
8. 30% Scholarship has been kept reserved for the Girl Students.
9. (i) It is to be noted that without receipt of hard copy with relevant documents, the applications are likely to be rejected.
(ii) Mobile number given to the Online Application shall not be changed till obtaining the facility of Scholarship.
(iii) Once finalised the Online Application student should not change/modify the details.
Sd/- Managing Director
“AMBER”, DD-27/E, SALT LAKE CITY, SEC-I, KOLKATA-700064
Phone No: 033-40047469,Website: www.wbmdfc.org