Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Minority Students, 2015-16
Update: Last Date for Application extended upto 15th October, 2015.
West Bengal Minorities’ Development & Finance Corporation
(A Statutory Corporation of Govt. of West Bengal)
In terms of announcement of MoMA, GOI,
Applications are invited for Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship for the year 2015-2016
(For Minority Students)
The West Bengal Minorities’ Development & Finance Corporation invites online applications from meritorious students belonging to Minority Communities (i.e. Buddhist, Christian, Jain, Muslim, Parsee and Sikh) who are pursuing Under Graduate/ Post Graduate Level of professional and Technical Courses in recognised institution under recognised Universities of West Bengal and other recognized Technical/Professional course at Universities of other states of India. Renewal application can be made by using the account No. used for the year 2014-15 session, in which he/she got the Scholarship.
Uploading of the copies of documents is mandatory for all the Fresh and Renewal cases.
The Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. He/ She must be the citizen of India and domicile of West Bengal.
2. His/ Her annual family income should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh.
3. He/ She should have obtained minimum 50% marks in the last final examination of the Board/ University.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. The eligible students are to apply Online at www.scholarships.gov.in
2. He/ She may get full course fee in case of listed institution like – IIT, IIM, NIT, NIFT, IIFT etc. (as per list of Institutes available in website).
3. He/ She may get Scholarship upto Rs. 30,000/- (i.e. upto Rs. 20, 000/- per annum as course fee and Maintenance allowance upto Rs. 10, 000/- for Hosteller /Rs. 5000/- for Day Scholar) per year for the Institution other than Listed Institution.
4. Timeline for 2015-16:-
|1||Last date for submission of Online Applications for Fresh/Renewal Scholarship by the students.||01st June to 30th September, 2015||01st June to 15th November, 2015|
|2||Scrutiny of online application by Institution.||01st June to 20th October, 2015||01st June to 25st November, 2015|
|3||Scrutiny of online application by State/UT Administration.||01st June to 31st October, 2015||01st June to 05th December, 2015|
5. Necessary Documents for uploading:-
a) Scanned copy of Previous year mark sheet of students
b) Scanned copy of self Declaration by the student
c) Scanned copy of parental Income Certificate( duly signed by Revenue authority/Tehsildar, form 16 is not acceptable
d) Student Bank A/C Pass Book
e) Scanned copy of Institute verification form.
f) Student’s Photo
g) Scanned copy of Religion Certificate (Self Declaration)
6. Only online applications under Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship Scheme from the applicants having minimum 50% marks will be accepted.
7. 30% Scholarship has been kept reserved for the Girl Students.
NB: I) The applications without uploading the documents will be rejected.
II) Mobile Number given to the online application shall not be changed in future.
III) Once finalized the online Application student should not change/ modify the details.
IV) No need to submit any Printed Version of hard copy.
V) Distance Education applications are likely to be rejected.
Sd/- Managing Director
“AMBER”, DD-27/E, SALT CITY, SEC-I, KOLKATA-700064
Help Line:-Toll Free No-1800-120-2130, Website : www.wbmdfc.org
Contact No: 033-2321-0901/033-4004-7468/033-4004-7469