Modified West Bengal State-aided Universities (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit) Scheme, 1986
Published in Higher Education. Tags: Family Pension, Pension.
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Calcutta-91
No. 84-Edn(U)/1U-26/99 Dated, Calcutta, the 31st January, 2000.
1. The matter relating to the revision of West Bengal State-aided Universities (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit) Scheme, 1986 with subsequent amendments made thereto (hereinafter called “Old Scheme”) applicable for the employees (teachers, officers and non-teaching employees) of the State-aided Universities namely (i) Calcutta University, (ii) Jadavpur University, (iii) Burdwan University, (iv) North Bengal University, (v) Kalyani University, (vi) Rabindra Bharati University, (vii) Vidyasagar University, (viii) Bengal Engineering College (Deemed University), (ix) Netaji Subhas Open University, (x) Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, (xi) West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences is under consideration of the State Government for some time past. The Pay-Committee constituted for the non-teaching employees of the State-aided Universities and certain other bodies also made certain recommendations in regard to retirement benefits.
2. After careful consideration of the recommendation of the Pay Committee in regard to the retirement benefits, the Governor in partial modification of G.O. No. 1250-Edn(U) dated 27-12-91 and subsequent orders issued in this regard has been pleased to approve the benefits in respect of the employees as aforesaid (teachers, officers and non-teaching employees) as described in the Annexures.
3. Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya and West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences may consider implementation of the provisions of the scheme as described in the foregoing papragraphs after obtaining approval of the Agriculture and Animal Resource Departments, respectively of this Government.
4. The employees (teachers, officers and non-teaching employees) who retired/died on any date between 01-01-1996 and 31-03-97 shall not be entitled to any arrear of pension/family pension for the period upto 31-03-97. The payment of arrear of pension/family pension for 01-04-97 to the date immediately before the date of publication of these rules shall be paid in cash.
5. The benefits mentioned in the Annexure will be applicable for the employees who were in service between 01-01-1996 and before the date of issue of this order and have not exercised option under the “West Bengal State-aided Universities (Death-cum-Retirement Benefit) Scheme, 1999” issued under the G.O. No. 85-Edn(U) dated 31-01-2000.
6. Any difficulty which may arise in implementing the provisions of this order may be referred to the State Government for clarification and/or order.
7. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance Department vide their U.O. No. 950F (Pen) dated 28-12-1999.
8. The Accountant General, West Bengal, is being informed.
Sd/- S. Bhattacharyya,
No. 84-Edn dated 31.01.2000 (Page-280)