Know about House Rent Allowance, its admissibility, clarifications, etc. while both husband and wife are in Govt. Service or Semi-Govt Service or Private Service. Tabular View
- Granting HRA to Employee whose Spouse also Works
Granting HRA to an employee whose spouse is working in a private organization, the HRA of the spouse shall be taken into account as done in the case where spouse is the employee of any Govt/ semi-Govt. organization.
- DA and HRA to directly appointed to Group ‘C’ Employees
Governor has been pleased to decide to allow admissible DA and HRA with effect from 01.07.2017 to the employees directly appointed to Group ‘C’ posts.
- Permissibility of HRA for Working Couples Living Separately
In case the distance is <150 Kms but > 50 Kms and the said distance is not commutable daily by availing general available transport, full HRA may be admissible to both the spouses.
- Eligibility of Group-C Employee on Probation for Govt Quarter
As the Group-C Employee on Probation period is allowed only Basic Pay (including G.P.) and M. A. or only Basic Pay, he/she is not entitled to the occupation of any Govt accommodation.
- Declaration of HRA of Teaching/ Non-Teaching Employees
The HM/TIC of all school concerned will take necessary steps to collect the salary certificate including HRA from their concerned employee in the case where husband and wife both work in the organisation mentioned above.
- Different Categories of Rental Housing Estate Flats
After ROPA 2009, entitlement of different categories of Rental Housing Estate Flats is revised and tabulated along with Pay in the Pay Band and Category of Flats.
- Renewal of License of Flat in different RHE
State Government Employees have to renew the license issued from 01.01.2000 to 31.12.2011 by 31.07.2012 for allotment of flats in different Rental Housing States (RHEs).
- Clarification regarding HRA to GDMOs under NRHM
GDMOs and Specialists engaged under NRHM may stay in quarters of health department, if available, and no charges may be deducted from them in the interest of public services, till they are engaged on contract.
- Allotment of Govt. Accommodation
Allotment of Government accommodation shall be made on first-come first-served basis. An employee can apply for a flat in any Rental Housing Estates (RHE) of his choice.
- West Bengal Workmen’s House-Rent Allowance Rules, 1975
The house-rent allowance payable to a workman under Section 4 for any month shall be paid within ten days of the month next following.