Stenographers use a method of shorthand for taking quick notes on a steno machine in order to catch each word that is spoken and commit it to the public record.
- SAR of Employees under West Bengal Stenographers Service
Procedure for Self Appraisal Report [SAR] mechanism in respect of employees belonging to Group-‘A’ service under West Bengal Stenographers [Schedule-‘A’ & ‘B’] Services and Bengali Stenographers.
- DDOs of Stenographers are to Update in HRMS Module
All the respective D.D.Os of Schedule A English Stenographers, Schedule B English Stenographers and Bengali Stenographers are hereby requested to update the entries in HRMS module as specified here-in-below.
- Update Basic Information of Stenographers into SRIS
Stenographers are directed to provide correct and up-to-date data regarding Basic information, Present Posting, Posting History, Promotion Details etc. online at the Web Portal of ‘SRIS’ application.
- Web Portal of “Service Record Information System (SRIS)”
Finance Department has hosted a Web Based Portal of “Service Record Information System (SRIS)” for the employees belonging to the cadre of Schedule ‘A’ English Stenographers, Schedule ‘B’ English Stenographers and Bengali Stenographers.
- Performance Report for Personal Assistant (Basic Grade)
Proforma of the Annual Confidential Report (ACR) and Annual Performance Report (APR) for Personal Assistant (Basic Grade) Schedule ‘B’ English Stenographers of Finance Department.
- Cadre Schedule of the Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers
In case a Stenographer is now posted in a lower cadre post, the same will be deemed to have been upgraded within one year by which he/she will be transferred as per Cadre Schedule.
- Promotion Policy of Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers in West Bengal
Promotion of Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers to the higher scales would henceforth be made functional and the services of the Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers would be transferable at any Office.
- Recruitment Rules of English Stenographer [Basic Grade]
Appointments to the posts of English Stenographer [Basic Grade] shall be made through an open competitive examination to be held by the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission.
- Draft Cadre Schedule of Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers
Draft Cadre Schedule distributing all the posts of Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers to all the Department/ Directorates/ Regional Offices under the Government of West Bengal, has been prepared.
- Status Report of Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers in West Bengal
If the movement of Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers to the higher scales in the ratio of 4:3:3 is made functional, the services of Schedule ‘B’ Stenographers will be transferable.