GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 1412-L Date: 5th October, 2010.
West Bengal Act XXVI of 2010
THE WEST BENGAL CLINICAL ESTABLISHMENTS (REGISTRATION AND REGULATION) ACT, 2010.
An Act to provide for the registration and regulation of clinical establishments of the State and for matters connected there with or incidental there to.
1. Short title, extent, commencement and application.
3. Power to seek advice or assistance.
Registration and Standards
4. State Registrar of Clinical Establishments.
5. Authority for registration and license.
6. Registration and license for clinical establishments.
7. Conditions for registration and license.
8. Power of State Government to relax terms and conditions of registration & license.
9. Register of clinical establishments.
10. Maintenance of State register of clinical establishments.
11. Classification of clinical establishments.
Procedure for Registration and licensing
12. Application for registration and licensing.
13. Grant or rejection of application.
14. Grounds for Rejection.
15. Fresh application for registration and license.
16. Display of license.
17. Copy of license.
18. License to be non-transferable.
19. Renewal of registration and license.
20. Cancellation & Suspension of registration and license.
21. Prohibition orders.
22. Inspection of clinical establishments.
23. Improvement notices.
24. Power to enter.
25. Fees for registration and license for different categories of clinical establishments.
26. Appeal to the Appellate authority.
Contravention and Penalty
27. Penalty for non-registration and licensing.
28. Disobedience of order, obstruction and refusal of information.
29. Minor and Major deficiencies.
30. Penalty for contravention.
31. Contravention by companies.
32. General provision relating to penalties.
33. Compensation in case of injury or death of the service recipient.
Adjudication & Tribunal
35. Formation of West Bengal Clinical Establishment Tribunal.
36. Qualification for appointment of Chairperson and members of Tribunal.
37. Terms of office and conditions of service of Chairperson and members.
38. Removal of Member.
39. Officers and other employees of Tribunal.
40. Functions of Tribunal.
41. Procedure and Powers of the Tribunal.
42. Appeal to the High Court.
43. Enforcement of orders.
44. Civil Court not to have jurisdiction.
45. Grants and loans by State Government.
46. Establishment of fund by State Government.
47. Accounts and audit of Tribunal.
48. Annual report of Tribunal.
48. Budget of Tribunal.
50. Power of the Tribunal to make regulations.
51. Directions by State Government.
53. Credit of fees & fines.
54. Power to give directions.
55. Employees of the authority, etc., to be public servants.
56. Power to remove difficulties.
57. Power of State Government to make rules.
58. Effect of Act on other laws.
59. Repeal & Savings.