Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Minority Students, 2013-14

For Meritorious students belonging to Minority Communities who are pursuing Technical/ Professional Courses at Under Graduate/ Post Graduate Level.

West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation
(A Statutory Corporation of Govt. of West Bengal)
An ISO 9001-2008 Certified Organization

The West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation invites online applications from meritorious students belonging to Minority Communities (i.e. Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh and Parsee) who are pursuing Technical/Professional Courses at Under Graduate / Post Graduate level in recognized Institutions under recognized Universities of West Bengal and other recognized Universities of other states of India. The site can be accessed through the URL www.momascholarship.gov.in. A link to the site is also available in the website www.wbmdfc.org and www.minorityaffairs.gov.in. A list of the eligible courses is given at the above websites.

The Eligibility Criteria are as follows:

1. He/ She must be the citizen of India and domicile of West Bengal.
  2. His/ Her annual family income should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh.
  3. He/ She should have obtained minimum 50% marks in the last final examination of the Board/ University.
  4. His/ Her age should be between 16 to 32 years as on 1st April 2013.

General Terms & Conditions:

1. He/ She may get full Course Fee in case of Listed Institutions like- IIT, IIM, NIT etc. (as per list of 85 institutes available in website).

2. He/ She may get Scholarship upto Rs. 30,000/-(ie. Actual Course Fee or Rs. 20,000/- per annum, whichever is less and Maintenance Allowance upto Rs. 10,000/- for Hosteller/ Rs. 5000/- for Day Scholar) per year for the Institutions other than Listed Institutions.

3. The eligible students are to apply Online at www.momascholarship.gov.in and after finalization submit the same to their Institutions along with the supportive documents.

4. After submission of Online Applications, the students are required to submit duly signed printed version of their online applications along with all supportive documents to their respective institutes.

5. Timeline for Fresh & Renewal MCM Scholarship 2013-14:-

Sl. No. Activities Fresh Renewal
1. Last date for submission of Online Applications for Fresh/Renewal Scholarship by the students. 30th September 2013 31st December 2013
2. Last date for submission of duly signed printed version of Online Applications along with all supportive documents to their respective institutes. 10th October 2013 10th January 2014
3. Last date for scrutiny of Online Applications by the institutes. The institute will submit the hardcopy of the online applications duly verified to M.D. WBMDFC. 20th October 2013 15th January 2014

6. Additional documents are to be attached with the hardcopy of Online Applications:-

a) Photocopy of applicant’s bank passbook containing name and CBS a/c no., bank branch name.
b) One CANCELLED CTS Cheque leaf.

7. The institute is to submit the hardcopy of online application along with the supportive documents to the Managing Director, WBMDFC, ‘AMBER’, DD-27/E, SALT LAKE CITY, SEC-I, KOLKATA-700064.

8. 30% Scholarship has been kept reserved for the Girl Students.

9. N.B:

i) For Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) filling of AADHAAR Number in the application form for scholarship (Fresh & Renewal cases) is mandatory for the students whose permanent addresses are in Howrah or Coach Behar district. Details of CBS Bank Account where AADHAAR number is mapped should be filled in the online application form.

ii) It is to be noted that without receipt of hard copy with relevant documents, the applications are likely to be rejected.

iii) Mobile number given to the Online Application shall not be changed till obtaining the facility of Scholarship.

iv) Once finalised the Online Application student could not change/modify the details.

Sd/- Managing Director

Source

Income Tax Calculator 2014-15

Download our New Income Tax Calculator (2014-15) under Tools section.

Comments

1. Shahnawaj Ahmad says

I Am Student of al falah school of engg and technology faridabad B.TECH 2nd year. The merit cum means scholorship 2013-2014 selected list .when i recived my scholarship please tell me about help me

2. SHJAIKH HAMEED MATLUB says

Dear sir,
    My name is shaikh hameed matlub. Reading in btech 2nd year in serc bbsr.as i have applied my momas schlorship in the year 2013 and 2014 and i have not recived my password for which i am unable to apply momas schlorship. please send my password and id .
    For which i will be very greateful yo you.
    Replay me sir.

3. SK AMIR ULLAH says

DEAR SIR,
    I AM SK AMIR ULLAH READING B.TECH 2ND YEAR IN SERC,BBSR.I HAVE APPLIED MY MOMA SCHOLARSHIP IN 1ST YEAR BUT I DO NOT GET MY PASSWORD YET BUT I HAVE MY MOMAS ID.SO I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER MY SCHOLARSHIP IS SANCTIONED OR NOT.IF NOT THEN HOW CAN I GET MY SCHOLARSHIP?PLZZ REPLY SIR…….

4. FAHMIDA FAIZAH says

AMI BARTAMANE WBUT UNDER A B PHAM PARCHI 1ST YEAR. AMI KI KONO STIPEND PETE PARI? MAINORITY GIRL STUDENT HAEYE.(OBC). JADI PAI TA HOLE KOTHAI JOGAJOG KARTE HABE. PLS REPLY.

5. md irshad alam says

sir i have apply for scholar ship in2013 and i have fill the fom online and send by speed post but my scholarship has not come sir please check and inform me …….

6. TALIB ALI says

SIR
    MY NAME IS TALIB ALI.MY LAST SCHOLERSHIP NOT COMING IN THE MY ACCOUNT SO TALL ME WHAT ARE THE PROBLEM MY FORME….PLZ,,,,PLOY.FINALYEAR

7. Nawaz ahmad kumar says

Sir i got 87.4% marks in h.s. in 2012 i have applied sholorship in 2013 but i did not get…what can i do now

8. rubina parvin says

Sir.
    I am rubina parvin. Sir ami.Hs 2013 pass korachi. Apply o korachilam. 2014 ta 5100 taka payachi. Amr fst year ar exam akhon o hoi ni. Septembr a 10 tarik thaka suru. Sir ami renwal korchi. But fom ta apply hocha na. Sir ami ki korbo abr . Apni amy help korun.

9. zonuna says

Sir I have forgotten to enter my admission fee is it compolsary to fill that part..
    If not is there any way to fix it

10. Sujit biswas says

Sir, i have passed madhyamik in 2012. I scored 84% mark in this exam. My all friends have got this schoolarship.. But i have not got this schoolarship … Plz chek me

11. Shirshendu Das says

This year i passed Madhamik Examination with 86.85% marks.I want to know when i get this year application from.when i get it and wher.

12. abdul hameed says

iam 4r Andhra pradesh sir plz send the sanctioned list of merit-cum-means in 2013-2014…sanctioned list is announced or not i dont know sir plz send the detail to my mail…

13. Anadi Banerjee says

Sir i obtained 83.6% marks in h.s in 2013 and i appealed but i do not get scholarship..what can i do?

14. faruk biswas says

Sir i obtained 75.8% marks in h.s in 2012 and i appealed but i do not get scholarship..what can i do?

15. alquama says

no responce i got from this website……..useless website……..sir,if this website couldn`t give me answer ..can you? if not…..u r useless too…

16. Arindam kunti says

sir,i am not get any responce that i am selected or not and when the cheaks will be dispatched.please inform me

17. Bhupendra singh bisht says

Sir i obtaine marks 75.2%in class 12th from uttrakhand board.i do bsc from kumaun university nainital.plese tell me about the scholarship.

18. Raghab Gorain says

I got the scholarship 1st time one year ago.when i will get the scholarship for the 2nd time.i reneued the scholarship

19. saifuddin ali khan says

My name is published in merit cum means scholarship 2013-14 selected list.when i recived my scholarship pls tell me??

20. agnihotra mazumder says

I am a 4th year b-tech student of WBUT. I got my first 2 scholarships.Now how can I fill my renewal form for 2013-2014? please help me!

• Shantanu Nandi says

I am 3rd year B.Tech student of Jalpaiguri Gpvt. Engg. College under WBUT.I got my first 2 scholarships.But this year the students who deserve the scholarship,they have already got,but in case of mine i am the only student who doesn’t get the scholarship.Plz kindly help me…

21. Payel Maity says

Hi,

I passed Madhyamik Examination on 2013 and I carry approx 79% number.Please inform me Merit cum means scholarship available for me now.

22. sabbir hossain says

I live in murshidabad,pin-742123,i study in ba 2nd year at jiaganj sripatsingh college,i get 76.6%,can i apply merit cum scholarship?????

23. Jibu daniel says

I entered my annual income as 59000rs according to ration-card but by taking new income statement from Akshya center am getting 90000rs as my new annual income and i finalised the student registration. So is it possible for me too change the annual income from 59000rs to 90000rs