Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship, 2018
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology Department
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700091
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP, 2018
Toll Free Help Line: 1800 102 8014 (10 AM to 6 PM) Except Sundays.
E-mail ID for helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited for scholarship for the year 2018, under “SWAMI VIVEKANANDA MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME” for providing financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students of West Bengal, pursuing higher studies. The students of Post-Madhyamik levels and onwards in regular courses, who are pursuing the studies and who are resident in West Bengal and studying in educational institutions of this state after passing out from the State Board/ Council of Secondary/ Higher Secondary and Madrasha Education or a University of West Bengal set up by State Act and whose annual family income is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/-, may apply for this scholarship subject to other eligibility criteria as stated below category wise :-
A) For Scholarship at Higher Secondary level (@ Rs. 1000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent as stated above excluding optional elective subjects. Students who are enrolled in Class XI or its equivalent course on passing Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent examination in 2018 are eligible to apply.
B) For Scholarship at Undergraduate level (@ Rs. 1000/- to Rs. 5000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate (Best of five). Students who are enrolled in the first year of Undergraduate course in Engineering/Medical/General Education/ G.N.M. Nursing/ Para Medical Diploma Course under the aegis of Directorate of Medical Education after passing the H.S Examination or its equivalent Examination in 2018 (with 75% minimum in aggregate) are eligible to apply. Students, who are enrolled in 2nd year of Undergraduate course in Engineering on lateral entry basis after passing out Diploma course in 2018 (with 75% minimum in aggregate) in relevant disciplines from the Polytechnic Colleges, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD), a Statutory Body under the Department of Technical Education, Training and Skill Development (erstwhile West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training), Government of West Bengal, will also be eligible to apply.
C) For Scholarship at Diploma (Polytechnic) level (@ Rs. 1500/- per month)
Students who are enrolled after passing out in Secondary (M.P) examination or its equivalent as stated above in 2018 for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses [H.S. Examination or its equivalent for Diploma in 1) Pharmacy, 2) Modern Office Practice & Management and 3) 3-D Animation & Graphics of 2 year duration] and after passing out H.S. (Vocational) courses from “West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (erstwhile West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training)” courses which is equivalent to H.S. examination for 2nd year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis, will be eligible to apply. Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination [excluding the marks secured in the optional elective subject, if any]. The Diploma (Polytechnic) courses of the State have to be approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD), a Statutory Body under the Department of Technical Education, Training and Skill Development, Government of West Bengal.
D) For Scholarship at Postgraduate level (@ Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 5000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 53% marks in Honours subjects at the Graduation level in General Education and 55% marks for Graduation level Engineering student in the year 2018 who are enrolled in the first year class of Post Graduate course in General Education /Engineering, are eligible to apply.
E) For Kanyashree applicants (K-3 component) (@ Rs. 2000/- for MA & M.COM students and Rs. 2500/- per month for M.SC students)
Kanyashree recipients with valid sanctioned K-2 ID pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts and Commerce stream from Universities of this State in regular mode (not distance) must obtain at graduation level 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State in the year 2018 are eligible to apply. There is no need to submit income certificate and income affidavit in respect of Kanayashree (K-3) applicant.
F) For M.Phil/ NON-NET/ NET-LS Research Fellow (@ Rs. 5000/- to Rs. 8000/- per month)
Students pursuing the regular course from State-aided Institutions of higher learning in the financial year 2018 onwards and whose date of registration/date of enrolment (Ph.D candidate/M.Phil candidate) is 01.04.2017 and onwards are eligible to apply in their respective institutions. The concerned Institutes will forward the name of the candidates in requisite proforma- Name of the Candidate, Date of Registration in Ph.D./ M. Phil., Mobile No. of the candidate, e-mail of the candidate, the name of the Bank and branch of the candidate along with Bank Account Number and IFS code, Period of claim (from ______________ to ______________ ) to the office of the DPI, WB (Scholarship Section) (e-mail: email@example.com).
PROCEDURE OF APPLICATION:
Different categories of applicants shall have to submit their applications to the respective hyperlink in the home page of www.svmcm.wbhed.gov.in as mentioned hereunder, in online mode. In any case submission of paper application will not be entertained. There is no need to submit the hard copy of the application.
- For Class XI students: Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, 7th floor, Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091.
- For First Year students of UG and PG courses in General Education (Arts, Commerce and Science), and Other Professional courses approved by UGC, excluding Engineering and Medical/ Kanyashree applicants (K-3) pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts and Commerce stream: Directorate of Public Instruction, West Bengal, 9th floor, Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091.
- For students pursuing 1st year or 2nd year polytechnic Diploma course after passing Madhyamik Pariksha/Higher Secondary or its equivalent Examination: Directorate of Technical Education and Training, West Bengal, Karigari Bhavan, 3rd Floor, B/7, Action Area-III, New Town, Kolkata-700107.
- For students pursuing First year UG and PG courses (Engineering and Technology) and other Professional Engineering courses or its equivalent status approved by AICTE: Directorate of Technical Education, West Bengal, 10th floor, Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091.
- For students pursuing 1st year UG (Medical) courses like MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, UG (Nursing), Diploma in Para Medical Course, G.N.M. Nursing and Students of Pharmacy in three Government Institutes located at Jalpaiguri, Kalyani and Bankura: Directorate of Medical Education, West Bengal, Swasthya Bhavan, GN Block, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091.
Detailed particulars of the “Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme” along with online application procedure, Model proforma for Income Certificate will be available from the following websites: www.svmcm.wbhed.gov.in
Online application process for fresh candidates will commence on and from 10th September, 2018 and closing date of submission of Head of Institution certified copy in the web-portal is on 30/11/2018. Applicants must submit the office copy of Head of the Institution declaration form (hard copy) generated from the web-portal to the concerned institutions latest by 30.11.2018.
DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED
Following documents in original have to be uploaded (i) Both sides of the Mark sheet of qualifying examination ((ii) Income Certificate in original (format enclosed) (iii)( First page of Bank Pass Book mentioning clearly the Account No. and IFS code (v) Ration Card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar Card etc. (vi) Recent Photo (10-50 KB) and Head of institution certified copy. Login ID and password must be kept by the candidate for future reference (such as applying for Renewal of scholarship and checking status of application). Candidates must be careful at the time of uploading of all documents as per guidelines before online submission of their application.
- ATTENTION: Loss of Id and password may cause difficulty in future.
N.B. 1. Candidates opting for this scholarship and found eligible, shall not be allowed to enjoy any other Government (Central/State) scholarship or stipend (OBC-A, B, S.C., S.T., Minority & Inspire-Scholarship) for the same course/stage of study. However, one time grant or assistance received from any source, or free or partly free-studentship allowed by the host institutions will not debar the students from availing of the benefits of the scheme. In case of suppression of fact of getting double scholarships from the Government Authorities for the same course of study, the scholarships if granted shall be asked to refund the amount at once; other legal and penal measures for concealment of information/furnishing false information shall also apply.
2. As the payment will be made through electronic fund transfer only, furnishing of Bank details of the applicant, i.e. operative bank A/C No.*, Bank Name, IFS Code of respective Bank Branch and Mobile Number is mandatory.
* Bank account must be operative and Major Account without limitation in transaction for students of U.G. and P.G. level. Account number and Mobile number cannot be changed in any circumstances.
3. Applicants having Aadhaar Card shall be required to mention the Aadhaar Card details in the relevant field of the online application form. Those who do not yet have an Aadhaar Card but have applied for one shall mention the Aadhaar Enrolment number. Note: Lack of Aadhaar Card shall not debar /disqualify a candidate from applying for the Scholarship in 2018.
4. Students studying in distance mode are not eligible for applying SVMCM including K-3 component.
FOR RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP
(A) FOR SVMCM STUDENTS
Applicant should apply through online mode using Login Id and Password as used at the time of first application through the website www.svmcm.wbhed.gov.in. The documents in original mentioned below must be uploaded and submitted the same within one month from the date of admission in the next higher class due to promotion by passing in the first attempt. (In case of Semester mode- Marksheet of 1st Semester and 2nd Semester for 2nd year renewal; 3rd Semester and 4th Semester for 3rd renewal in U.G. and Marksheet of 1st Semester and 2nd Semester for 2nd year renewal in case of P.G. All Semester Examinations need to be cleared in the first attempt). Renewal cases (applicable only at a particular level of study) will be sanctioned subject to good academic performance (Minimum 60% marks in aggregate should be obtained from Higher Secondary Level to Undergraduate and Diploma Level at the promotional examination) and 50% marks at Post Graduate Level).
(B) FOR KANYASHREE (K-3) STUDENTS
The students passed in 1st attempt may apply for renewal producing 1st year Marksheet (1st sem & 2nd sem together, not provisional Marksheet).
The candidates should be very careful at the time of submitting the documents. As once the documents along with the application made final submission cannot be changed in any circumstances.
Download PDFHigher Education, Scholarship