GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
HIGHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
BIKASH BHAVAN, SALT LAKE, KOLKATA – 91
No. 10-Edn(B)/1M-12/2008 Dated, Kolkata the 10th May, 2021.
Sub: Grant of Ad-hoc bonus to the regular employees of the State-aided Universities/ State Aided Non-Government Educational Institutions and other sponsored/aided organizations as well as whole time approved employees of the Hostel/ Mess attached to the Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other sponsored/ aided organizations/ Employees of Statutory bodies/ Local bodies including approved staff of Day Students’ Home for the year 2020-2021
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor has been pleased to direct that in terms of Para – 5 of Finance (Audit) Department Memo. No. 1491-F (P2) dated: 06/05/2021, all the Employees of State-Aided Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other sponsored/aided organization as well as whole-time approved Employees of the Hostel/ Mess attached to the Non-Government Educational Institutions and other sponsored/aided organizations/ Employees of Statutory Bodies/Local Bodies including approved staff of Day Students’ Home under the administrative control of Higher Education Department drawing actual emoluments not exceeding Rs. 36,000/- per month as on 31.03.2021 will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus for the accounting year 2020-2021. The amount of ad-hoc bonus will, however, be Rs. 4,500/- only per head. The upper eligibility ceiling of Rs. 36,000/- per month as on 31.03.2021 will be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scale of Pay or on fixed/consolidated contract pay.
2. The benefit will be admissible subject to the following terms and conditions:
i) Ad-hoc bonus admissible under this order will be worked out on the basis of emoluments as admissible on 31.03.2021. For the employees drawing pay and allowances in terms of the West Bengal Services (Revision of Pay and Allowances) Rules, 2019, the term “revised emoluments” in this order will mean the Pay drawn in the applicable Level in the pay structure, dearness allowance and includes the non-practicing allowances, if any, but not include any other Pay and other allowance such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowances etc.
For those who are drawing pay & allowances in the un-revised Pay structure under WBS(ROPA) Rules, 2009 the term “emoluments” will mean and include basic pay (Pay in the Pay Band plus Grade Pay), dearness allowance, deputation (duty) allowance, steno allowance but will not include specialist pay and other allowances such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowance etc. For those who are drawing remuneration on contract basis, the term “revised emoluments” will mean the consolidated contract pay drawn by them.
ii) The employees whose revised emoluments on 31.03.2021 exceeded Rs. 36,000/- p.m. but during the year 2020-2021, their emoluments at least for six months were less than Rs. 36,000/- p.m. i.e., the said emoluments exceeded the eligibility ceiling of Rs. 36,000/-p.m. on account of promotion, drawal of increment, implementation of C.A. Scheme enhancement of dearness allowance and revision of pay etc. after remaining less than Rs. 36,000/- p.m. for at least six months, will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus of Rs. 4,500/- per head under this order.
iii) The employees who were in sendee on 31.03.2021 and rendered at least six months continuous service during the year 2020-2021 will be eligible for payment of ad-hoc bonus under this order. Pro-rata payment will be admissible in such cases to the eligible employees for periods of continuous sendee during the year ranging from six months to full year, the eligibility period being taken in terms of number of months of sendee (rounded off to the nearest number of months). A fraction of 15-days or more should be counted as one month.
iv) The amount of ad-hoc bonus on pro-rata payment as admissible under para 2(iii) above, will have to be calculated according to the following formula:
Emoluments as on 31st March, 2021 X Eligibility period in number of months/ 12 = The amount of ad-hoc bonus subject to a maximum amount of Rs. 4,500/- only.
v) The casual workers who have put in work at least for 120 days and the employees on consolidated pay in the year 2020-2021 will also be entitled to ad-hoc bonus under this order according to the following formula:
Total amount of salary/ wages Earned during the year 2020-2021/ 12 = The amount of ad-hoc bonus, subject to maximum of Rs. 4,500/- only.
The salary/ wages in these cases should have the same meaning as “revised emoluments” as defined in para 2(i) above.
3. The Governor has been further pleased to direct that such whole-time approved teaching & non-teaching staff of recognized/ aided/ sponsored Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other sponsored/ aided Organization as well as whole-time approved Employees of the Hostel/ Mess attached to the Non-Govt. Educational Institutions and other sponsored/ aided organizations/ Employees of Statutory Bodies/ Local Bodies including approved staff of Day Students’ Home who superannuated or died-in-harness before the 31st March, 2021 after completing at least six months regular service during the year 2020-2021 shall be eligible for ad-hoc bonus sanctioned in this order on pro-rata basis provided their emoluments on the day of superannuation/ death was less than Rs. 36,000/-p.m. .
4. The charges in respect of payment of the said ad-hoc Bonus will be debitable to the respective Heads of Accounts for ‘Administrative Expenditures (erstwhile Salary Grants)’ of the concerned Universities, i.e. under “2202-03-102-001 to 007, 009 and 013 to 024-V-36-00” for the State aided Universities, except for Moulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (erstwhile West Bengal University of Technology) for which applicable Head of Account is “2203-00-102-002-V-36-00” and “2202-03-102-009-36-00” for the employees of the West Bengal State Council of Higher Education respectively in the current year’s (2021-22) State Budget.
5. The disbursement of ad-hoc bonus sanctioned hereinabove should be made in case of Muslim State Govt. employees before the Festival of Id-Ul-Fitre and in case of other State Govt. Employees (other than Muslim State Govt. Employees) such disbursement should be made in between 27th September, 2021 to 5th October, 2021. In case of failure, the disbursement should be made as early as possible before the festival of Durga Puja/ Id-Ul-Fitre.
6. The Accountant General, West Bengal, The Pay & Accounts Officer, Kolkata Pay & Accounts Office and the Treasury Officer are being informed.
Sd/- Special Secretary
to the Government of West Bengal