Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Science & Technology and Bio-Technology
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091
No. 439-Edn(T)/10M-86/15 Date: 18.07.2017
Subject: Guidelines for admission to vacant seats in degree level engineering, technology, architecture and pharmacy courses after the e-counseling and allotment in 2017 through decentralized counseling and other relevant issues for the academic year 2017-18.
Whereas, the State Govt. in the Higher Education Department has entrusted the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) for conducting of examinations, counseling and allotment process for selection and admission of candidates to the degree level engineering technology, architecture and pharmacy courses in the State as provided under Sub-Section(9) of Section (4) of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014 (West Bengal Act XIV of 2014) read with Section 21 of the said Act;
Whereas, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board shall complete the said e-counseling and allotment process up-to the 3rd round of counseling and accordingly shall generate the final admission status report as well as vacancy status report in respect of all the participating institutions for the academic session of 2017-18;
Whereas it is observed that a reasonable number of seats in such professional technical courses is lying vacant, it has been decided by the State Govt. in the Higher Education Department to allow all the participating institutions (participated in the e-counseling process in 2017-18 conducted by the WBJEEB) for admission of students through de-centralized counseling and allotment process in strict compliance with the norms and guidelines as stated below:
Norms and Guidelines for admission to vacant seats of degree level engineering/ technology/ architecture/ pharmacy courses through decentralized counseling and allotment process in 2017-18:
1. De-centralized counseling and allotment for admission to Government Engineering & Technology Colleges (8 Colleges) of the State:
- A separate common counseling and allotment procedure shall be conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board jointly with the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of West Bengal. This has concurrence of the State Govt. in the Higher Education Department.
- The venue and date of such counseling as well as detail procedure shall be notified by the WBJEEB shortly in the website ‘www.wbjeeb.in’.
- Participating candidates must be domiciled in West Bengal.
- Participating candidates besides fulfilling all the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions as stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board in respect of the examination ‘WBJEE-2017’ for admission to any such professional technical courses must have obtained a valid Merit Rank i.e. ‘GMR’ in the WBJEE-2017.
- Allotment shall be made strictly on the basis of general merit and preference of a candidate.
2. Decentralized counseling and allotment for admission to any other participating Institutions other than eight (8) Government Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State
2.1 All other participating institutions, participated in e-counseling conducted by the WBJEEB in 2017, including the Universities/University Departments are at liberty to conduct their own individual counseling and admission procedure for admission to declared vacant seats in respect of degree level engineering/ technology/ architecture/ pharmacy courses in strict compliance to the norms and guidelines as stated by this Notification.
2.2 Eligibility Criteria for admission to degree level engineering/ technology courses in respect of self financing Engineering & Technology Colleges as well as self financing Private Universities:-
Candidates besides fulfilling all the eligibility criteria as stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board in respect of the examination ‘WBJEE-2017’ must secure a valid Merit Rank either in the ‘WBJEE-2017’ or a valid Merit Rank in the ‘JEE MAIN-2017’ but candidates with ‘WBJEE-2017’ merit rank shall be given higher preference.
Further vacant seats, if any, can be offered for admission to intending diploma engineers either on the basis of their ‘JELET-2017’ Merit Rank or on the basis of marks obtained in the diploma examination from an AICTE approved Diploma Institution with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserve category students) marks in aggregate obtained in relevant field of engineering/technology with JELET Rank holder given higher preference.
However, for such diploma engineer candidates an indicative list of appropriate/ relevant disciplines for admission to 1st year of U.G. Level Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture Courses vis-a-vis the relevant Diploma Program is given below:-
List of Appropriate/ Relevant Disciplines for Admission to 1st year of Degree Level Engineering & Technology Courses vis-a-vis the relevant Diploma Program(s).
|Sl. No||Courses available for admission to 1st year of Degree Level Engineering & Technology Courses.||Relevant disciplines of Diploma in Engineering & Technology for admission through de-centralized counseling process|
|01.||Architecture||Architecture/ Town Planning|
|02.||Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering||Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation Technology/ Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering/ Medical Electronics|
|03.||Agriculture/ Agricultural Engineering||Agricultural Engineering|
|04.||Automobile Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Mech (Prod) Engg||Automobile Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering|
|05.||Bio-technology||Bio-technology/ Medical Lab Technology|
|06.||Bio-Medical Engineering||Bio-Medical Engineering/ Medical Lab Technology|
|08.||Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/ Plastics Technology/ Plastic Mould Technology/ Packaging Technology|
|09.||Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering/ Survey Engineering/ Mining Engineering/ Mining Survey/ Architecture/ Technical (Civil)/ Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS)|
|10.||Civil and Environmental Engg||Civil Engineering/ Survey Engineering/ Mining Engineering/ Mining Survey/ Architecture/ Technical (Civil)/ Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS)|
|11.||Ceramic Technology||Pottery & Ceramic Technology/ Ceramic Technology|
|12.||Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Science & Technology||Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Science & Technology/ Information Technology/ Computer Software Technology/ Multi Media Technology|
|13.||Construction Engineering||Civil Engineering/ Construction Engineering/ Construction Technology|
|14.||Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/ Medical Electronics/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|15.||Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering (Industrial Control/ Electrical Power System/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|16.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering /Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering /Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|17.||Food Technology||Food Technology/ Food Processing Technology|
|18.||Jute Technology/ Jute & Fibre Technology||Jute Technology/ Jute & Fibre Technology/ Textile Technology (Handloom)/ Fashion Technology|
|19.||Leather Technology||Leather Technology/ Foot-Wear Technology/ Leather Goods Technology/ Leather Goods Technology & Accessories|
|20.||Metallurgical Engineering||Metallurgical Engineering|
|21.||Power Engineering/ Power Plant Engineering||Power Plant Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Electrical Power System|
|22.||Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering||Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Tools & Die. Making/ Mechanical (Production) Engineering|
|23.||Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Chemical Engineering||Plastic Technology/ Plastic Mould Technology.|
|24.||Printing Engineering/ Printing Technology||Printing Engineering/ Printing Technology/ Packaging Technology|
|25.||Textile Technology/ Apparel Production and Management||Textile Technology (Handloom)/ Fashion Technology/ Apparel Production and Management|
|26.||Information Technology||Information Technology/ Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Science & Technology/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/ Multi Media Technology/ Computer Software Technology|
|27.||Marine Engineering||Marine Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering|
|28.||Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Science & Technology/ Information Technology||Multi Media Technology|
Moreover, B.Sc. passed candidates from a recognized University as defined by the UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) and having Passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject may also participate in the said decentralized counseling.
2.3 Eligibility Criteria for admission to degree course in Pharmacy:
Candidates besides fulfilling eligibility criteria as specified by the WBJEEB in respect of the ‘WBJEE-2017’ must secure a valid Pharmacy Merit Rank i.e. PMR-2017 in WBJEE-2017 or a valid ‘JEE-MAIN-2017’ rank (All India Rank) with PMR having higher preference over the JEE Mam Rank.
However, further vacant seats, if any, can be offered for admission to Diploma in Pharmacy candidates either with a valid ‘JELET-2017’ Merit Rank or on the basis of marks obtained in the diploma examination from an AICTE approved Diploma Institution with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserve category students) marks in aggregate obtained in relevant field of Pharmacy with JELET Rank holder given higher preference.
2.4 Eligibility Criteria for admission to 5-Year B. Arch. Course:
Candidates besides fulfilling eligibility criteria as specified by the WBJEEB in respect of the ‘WBJEE-2017’ must secure a valid Merit Rank i.e. GMR-2017 in WBJEE-2017 or a valid ‘JEE-MAIN-2017’ rank (All India Rank) along with either qualified in the ‘NATA’ or having qualified in the Paper-II of JEE MAIN-2017 with GMR having higher preference over the JEE-Main Rank.
Further vacant seats, if any, can be offered for admission to Diploma in Architecture and Town Planning from any AICTE Approved Institution, however following the regulations of the Council of Architecture in the matter.
3. General Guidelines for conduct of de-centralized counseling in respect of the Self-financing Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture Colleges as well as University/ University Departments:
- Every Institution must declare the list of vacant seats in a discipline-wise manner in the Institutional Notice Board as well as in the institutional website inviting clear “Notice” seeking application from eligible candidates for admission through such system.
- Institutions must declare/publish the list of applicants eligible/shortlisted for admission as against the declared vacant seats along-with list of ineligible candidates, if any, with proper justification for rejection there off.
- Admission must be made in order of merit and preference of candidates in a transparent manner in strict compliance to the eligibility criteria.
- Institutions must publish the list of finally admitted students along-with their merit with-in the stipulated time frame as may be defined by the respective affiliating University. A list of such admitted students must be submitted to the Director of Technical Education, Govt. of West Bengal as well as to the Affiliating University within the said cut-off date.
Sd/- N. Mandal
Commissioner to the
Govt. of West Bengal