Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091.
No: 358-Edn(T)/10M-86/15 Date: 30/11/2020
Subject: Guidelines for admission to vacant seats in degree level engineering, technology, architecture and pharmacy courses after the e-counseling in 2020 through decentralized counseling (institution level) and also for admission under Management Quota Seats and other relevant issues for the academic year 2020-21.
The State Govt. in the Higher Education Department has entrusted the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) for conducting of examinations, counseling and allotment process for selection and admission of candidates to the degree level engineering technology, architecture and pharmacy courses in the State as provided under Sub-Section (9) of Section 40 of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014 (West Bengal Act XIV of 2014) read with Section 21 of the said Act.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board has already completed the said e-counseling and allotment process and accordingly has generated the allotment and admission status report as well as vacancy status report in respect of all the participating institutions for the academic session of 2020-21.
While a reasonable number of seats in such professional technical courses is lying vacant, it has been decided by the State Govt. in the Higher Education Department to allow all the participating institutions (participated in the e-counseling process in 2020-21 conducted by the WBJEEB) for admission of students through de-centralized counseling and allotment process in strict compliance with the norms and guidelines as stated below:
Norms and Guidelines for admission to vacant seats of degree level engineering/ technology/ architecture/ pharmacy courses thorough De-centralized Counseling and Allotment Process in 2020-21:
1. For admission to Government Engineering & Technology Colleges (8 Colleges) of the State:
- Each college shall issue a Notification in their respective official Website seeking application from the eligible candidates – with a ‘clear guidelines’, cut-off date of application, method of application, etc.
- Participating candidates must be domiciled in West Bengal.
- Participating candidates besides fulfilling all the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions as stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance examinations Board in respect of the examination ‘WBJEE-2020’ for admission to any such technical courses must have obtained a valid Merit Rank i.e. ‘GMR’ in the WBJEE-2020.
- Allotment shall be made strictly on the basis of general merit and preference of a candidate.
2. For admission to Institutions other than 8 Government Engineering & Technology Colleges:
2.1 All other participating institutions, participated in e-counseling conducted by the WBJEEB in 2020 including the Universities/University Departments are at liberty to conduct their own individual counseling and admission procedure for admission to declared vacant seats in respect of degree level engineering/ technology/ architecture/ pharmacy courses in strict compliance to the norms and guidelines as stated in this Notification.
2.2 Eligibility Criteria for admission to U.G. Level Engineering & Technology except Marine Engineering Course:
Candidates besides fulfilling all the eligibility criteria as stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board in respect of the examination ‘WBJEE-2020’ must secure a valid Merit Rank either in the ‘WBJEE-2020’ or a valid Merit Rank in the ‘JEE (MAIN)-2020’ but candidates with WBJEE-2020 Merit rank shall be given higher preference.
Further vacant seats, if any, can be offered for admission to intending diploma holders in engineering & technology as well as B.Sc. passed candidates following AICTE guidelines-2020 in the matter.
2.3 Eligibility Criteria for admission to U.G. Level – Marine Engineering:
Candidates must fulfill all criteria as per norms and guidelines of D.G. Shipping.
2.4 Eligibility Criteria for admission to degree course in Pharmacy:
Candidates besides fulfilling eligibility criteria as specified by the WBJEEB in respect of the WBJEE-2020 must secure a valid Pharmacy Merit Rank i.e. PMR-2020 in WBJEE-2020 or a valid ‘JEE-MAIN-2020’ rank (All India Rank). However, WBJEE-2020 rank holder shall be given higher preference.
2.5 Eligibility Criteria for admission to 5-Year B.Arch. Course:
Candidates besides fulfilling eligibility criteria as specified by the WBJEEB in respect of the ‘WBJEE-2020’ must secure a valid Merit Rank i.e. GMR-2020 in WBJEE-2020 or a valid ‘JEE-MAIN-2020’ rank (All India Rank) along with either qualified in the ‘NATA’ or having qualified in the Paper-II of JEE (MAIN)-2020. However, WBJEE-2020 rank holders shall be given higher preference.
Further vacant seats, if any, can be offered for admission to candidates having Diploma in Architecture with Mathematics as compulsory subject from any AICTE approved Institution. Besides that for admission to B.Arch. Course, other directives of Council of Architecture (COA) issued from time to time have to be complied with.
3. General Guidelines for conduct of de-centralized counseling in respect of the Self-financing Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy/Architecture Colleges as well as University/ University Departments:
- Every Institution must declare the list of vacant seats in a discipline-wise manner in the Institutional Notice Board as well as in the institutional website inviting clear “Notice” seeking application from eligible candidates for admission through such system.
- Institutions must declare/publish the list of applicants eligible/shortlisted for admission as against the declared vacant seats along-with list of ineligible candidates, if any, with proper justification for rejection there off.
- Admission must be made in order of merit and preference of candidates in a transparent manner in strict compliance to the eligibility criteria.
- Institutions must publish the list of finally admitted students along-with their merit within the stipulated time frame as may be defined by the respective affiliating University. A list of such admitted students must be submitted to the Director of Technical Education, Govt. of West Bengal as well as to the Affiliating University within the said cut-off date.
4. Guidelines for admission under Management Quota:
Self-financing Colleges may admit students under Management Quota as declared in the Seat Matrix from amongst the WBJEE-2020 and/or JEE (MAIN)-2020 Merit listed candidates and JEE (MAIN)-2020 Paper-2 (for Architecture) Merit listed candidates subject to fulfillment of all the eligibility criteria stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. However, WBJEE-2020 rank holder shall be given higher preference.
List of candidates admitted under the Management Quota must be submitted in specified Format communicated in the matter, to the Director of Technical Education.
The Maximum Tuition fees for Management Quota seats will be as per the prevailing Govt. Order vide No. 351-Edn(T) dt. 23.06.2010.
5. The entire admission process must be completed within cut-off date as stipulated by the concerned Affiliating University so that the admitted candidates are registered with the concerned affiliating university in a timely manner.
Sd/- B.R. Santra