Admission through De-Centralized Counseling, 2018-19
Published in Higher Education. Tags: Admission.
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology and Bio-Technology
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 091.
No: 488-Edn(T)/10M-86/15 Date: 18/07/2018
Subject: Guidelines for admission to vacant seats in degree level engineering, technology, architecture and pharmacy courses after the e-counseling and Mop-up round of counseling in 2018 through decentralized counseling (institution level) and other relevant issues for the academic year 2018-19.
Whereas, the State Govt. in the Higher Education Department has entrusted the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) for conducting of examinations, counseling and allotment process for selection and admission of candidates to the degree level engineering technology, architecture and pharmacy courses in the State as provided under Sub-Section (9) of Section 40 of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014 (West Bengal Act XIV of 2014) read with Section 21 of the said Act;
Whereas, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board shall complete the said e-counseling and allotment process up to the Mop-up round of counseling and accordingly shall generate the final admission status report as well as vacancy status report in respect of all the participating institutions for the academic session of 2018-19:
Whereas it is observed that a reasonable number of seats in such professional technical courses is lying vacant, it has been decided by the State Govt, in the Higher Education Department to allow all the participating institutions (participated in the e-counseling and MOP-up counseling process in 2018-19 conducted by the WBJEEB) for admission of students through de-centralized counseling and allotment process in strict compliance with the norms and guidelines as stated below:
Norms and Guidelines for admission to vacant seats of degree level engineering/ technology/ architecture/ pharmacy courses thorough de-centralized counseling and allotment process in 2018-19 are given hereunder:
1. De-centralized counseling (institution level) and allotment for admission to Government Engineering & Technology Colleges (8 Colleges) of the State:-
- Each college shall issue a Notification in their official Website seeking application from the eligible candidates.
- Participating candidates must be domiciled in West Bengal.
- Participating candidates besides fulfilling all the eligibility criteria and the terms conditions as stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance examinations Board in respect of the examination ‘WBJEE-2018’ for admission to any such technical courses must have obtained a valid Merit Rank i.e. ‘GMR’ in the WBJEE-2018.
- Allotment shall be made strictly on the basis of general merit and preference of a candidate.
- All the 08 (eight) colleges shall conduct the counseling of the eligible candidates at the same time and same day for the interest of the candidates.
2. Decentralized counseling (institution level) and allotment for admission to any other participating Institutions other than tight (8) Government Engineering & Technology Colleges of the State:-
2.1 All other participating institutions, participated in e-counseling conducted by the WBJEEB in 2018 including the Universities/ University Departments are at liberty to conduct their own individual counseling and admission procedure for admission to declared vacant seats in respect of degree level engineering/ technology/ architecture/ pharmacy courses in strict compliance to the norms and guidelines as stated by this Notification.
2.2 Eligibility Criteria for admission to degree level engineering/ technology courses in respect of self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges as well as self financing Private Universities:-
Candidates besides fulfilling alt the eligibility criteria as stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board in respect of the examination ‘WBJEE-2018’ must secure a valid Merit Rank either in the ‘WBJEE-2018’ or a valid Merit Rank in the ‘JEEMAIN-2018’ but candidates with WBJEE-2018 Merit rank shall be given higher preference.
Further vacant seats, if any, can be offered for admission to intending diploma engineers either on the basis of their ‘JELET-2018’ Merit Rank or on the basis of marks obtained in the diploma examination from an AICTE approved Diploma Institution with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserve category students) marks in aggregate obtained in relevant field of engineering/ technology with JELET Rank holder given higher preference.
However, for such diploma engineer candidates an indicative list of appropriate/ relevant disciplines for admission to 1st year of U.G. Level Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture Courses viz-a-vis the relevant Diploma Program is given in the Annexure-I.
Moreover, B.Sc. passed candidates from a recognized University as defined by the UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) and having Passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject may also participate in the said de-centralized counseling.
2.3 Eligibility Criteria for admission to degree course in Pharmacy:-
Candidates besides fulfilling eligibility criteria as specified by the WBJEEB in respect of the WBJEE-2018 must secure a valid Pharmacy Merit Rank i.e. PMR-2018 in WBJEE-2018 or a valid ‘JEE-MAIN-2018’ rank (All India Rank). However, WBJEE-2018 rank holder shall be given higher preference.
However, further vacant seats, if any, can be offered for admission to Diploma in Pharmacy candidates either with a valid JELET-2018 Merit Rank or on the basis of marks obtained in the diploma examination from an AICTE approved Diploma Institution with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved category students) marks in aggregate obtained in relevant field of Pharmacy. However. .JELET rank holder shall be given higher preference.
2.4 Eligibility Criteria for admission to 5-Year B.Arch. Course:-
Candidates besides fulfilling eligibility criteria as specified by the WBJEEB in respect of the ‘WBJEE-2018’ must secure a valid Merit Rank i.e. GMR-2018 in WBJEE-2018 or a valid ‘JEE-MAIN-2018’ rank (All India Rank) along with either qualified in the ‘NATA’ or having qualified in the Paper-II of JEEMAIN-2018. However, WBJEE-2018 rank holders shall be given higher preference.
Further vacant seats, if any, can be offered for admission to Diploma in Architecture and Town Planning from any AICTE Approval Institution. Besides that for admission to B.Arch. Course the other directives of Council of Architecture (COA) issued from time to time have to be complied with.
3. General Guidelines for conduct of de-centralized counseling in respect of the Self-financing Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture Colleges as well as University/ University Departments:-
- Every Institution must declare the list of vacant seats in a discipline-wise manner in the Institutional Notice Board as well as in the institutional website inviting clear “Notice” seeking application from eligible candidates for admission through such system.
- Institutions must declare/publish the list of applicants eligible shortlisted for admission as against the declared vacant seats along-with list of ineligible candidates, if any, with proper justification for rejection there off.
- Admission must be made in order of merit and preference of candidates in a transparent manner in strict compliance to the eligibility criteria,
- Institutions must publish the list of finally admitted students along-with their merit with-in the stipulated time frame as may be defined by the respective affiliating University. A list of such admitted students must be submitted to the Director of Technical Education, Govt. of West Bengal as well as to the Affiliating University with-in the said cut-off date.
Management Quota: Self-financing Colleges may admit a maximum of 10% of the approved seats under Management Quota as reflected in their Seat Matrix from amongst the WBJEE-2018 and/or JEEMAIN-2018 Merit listed candidates and JEEMAIN-2018 (Paper-2 for Architecture) Merit listed candidates subject to fulfillment of all the eligibility criteria stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. However, WBJEE-2018 rank holder shall be given higher preference preferably.
4. The Maximum Tuition fees for Management Quota seats will be as per the prevailing Govt. Order vide No. 351-Edn(T) dt. 23.06.2010.
The entire admission process must be completed within time lines stipulated by the concerned Affiliating University so that the admitted candidates are registered with the concerned affiliating university in a timely manner.
Sd/- Assistant Secretary
Deptt. of HESTBT
No. 488-Edn dated 18.07.2018, Source