GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 2220-F.B. Howrah, the 29th March, 2014
The undersigned is directed to say that Vote-on-Account Budget of the State Government for the first four months of 2014-2015 has been passed by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly. Copies of the West Bengal Appropriation (Vote-on-Account) Act, 2014 have been forwarded to the Administrative Departments under Finance (Budget) Department Memo No. 2218-F.B. dated 29.03.2014.
The Governor has now been pleased to decide as follows:
2. The Administrative Departments / Controlling Authorities may now make allotment of fund relating to Non-Plan expenditure for Salary Items (including Salary grants & Wages) and Non-Salary Items up to 33% of the whole year’s budget provision subject to the amount provided under Vote-on-Account for the four months (April, May, June and July, 2014) of the financial year 2014-15.
3. Within the powers delegated under Delegation of Financial Power Rules, 1977 as amended from time to time or by virtue of the powers delegated in specific cases, the Administrative Departments / Controlling Authorities may sanction expenditure out of the Non-Plan allotment of fund except in the following cases: i) 33-Subsidies ii) Finance Commission’s Grants iii) 55-Loans & Advances and iv) Schemes for which Central assistance is available.
4. In this Department Memo No. 2219 F.B. dated 29.03.2014, fifteen (15) Departments have been empowered to release State’s matching share as well as Central share up to 33% of whole year’s budget provision subject to the amount provided under Vote-on-Account for the four months (April, May, June and July, 2014) of the financial year 2014-15. The said fifteen Departments may make allotment of fund in this respect accordingly.
5. The Administrative Departments / Controlling Authorities may make allotment of fund relating to State Plan expenditure for the four months (April, May, June and July, 2014) of the financial year 2014-2015 up to 33% of the whole year’s budget provision subject to the amount provided under Vote-on-Account. The Administrative Department may sanction expenditure in cases of administratively approved schemes except in the following cases for which concurrence from the Finance Department in Budget Branch will have to be obtained: i) Schemes relating to EAP, RIDF, NCDC, REC, CRF, APDRP, AIBP, BADP, ACA under Article 275(I), TSP (relating to BCW Department.), BRGF, NPAG, NeGAP, HADP, RKVY, GLB, (State Finance Commission), JNNURM, One-time ACA, WBETF and Central share and State share for all schemes including Other Centrally Assisted State Plan Schemes (OCASPS) for which central assistance is available and ii) release of fund under 33- Subsidies, 55-Loans and Advances, 54-Investment. In case of 13th FC grant, the release of fund will be subject to the Memo No. 784-F.B. dated 30.08.2013.
The concerned Departments will be required to upload necessary information in the prescribed proforma regarding release of Plan Fund in the website of the Finance Department (www.wbfin.nic.in).
6. All allotments should be made through the software application ‘e-bantan’ in the website of the Finance Department.
7. It may be noted that subject to the provision contained in Finance Department Memo. No. 1746-F(Y) dated 26.03.2014 no bill will be passed by the Treasury/Pay & Accounts Office without an allotment. The Treasuries/Pay and Accounts Offices have been advised accordingly.
8. While issuing orders for sanctioning expenditure in exercise of the powers delegated under this Memorandum, the following sentence should be inserted in such orders “This order issues in exercise of the powers delegated under Finance Department Memo No. 2220-F.B. dated 29.03. 2014.
9. The powers delegated to the Administrative Departments / Controlling Authorities to release fund are subject to the following conditions:-
a) The project / scheme for which fund is to be released has been administratively approved following the existing procedure after obtaining concurrence of the Finance Department / Financial Advisor / Departmental Secretary within the limit of Rs. 10.00 lakh as per Memo No. 95-F.B. dated 18.04.2012;
b) The amount to be released can be accommodated within the Vote-on-Account provision under the project / scheme ;
c) There are no deviations – technical or otherwise – from the approved norms ;
d) Restrictions on creation of posts, purchase / hiring of cars and other restrictions imposed by the Finance Department are to be observed.
Sd/- S. Datta
OSD & EO Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal