Allotment of Fund for Non-Plan Expenditure upto March, 2014
Finance. Non Plan Head, Release of Fund.
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 1680-F.B. Howrah, the 14th December, 2013.
In continuation of this Department Memo No. 622-FB dated 01.08.2013; the Governor has now been pleased to decide the following:
2. The Administrative Departments/Controlling Authorities may make further allotment of fund up to current year’s budget provision relating to Non-Plan expenditure for Non-Salary items up to March, 2014.
3. Within the powers delegated under Delegation of Financial Power Rules, 1977 as amended from time, to time or by virtue of the powers delegated in specific cases, the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities may sanction expenditure out of the Non-Plan allotment of fund except in the following cases:
i) 33-Subsidies ii) Finance Commission’s Grants iii) 55-Loans & Advances and iv) Schemes for which Central assistance is available.
4. In the case of new projects/ schemes, and also approved projects/ schemes for which deviations from approved norms are considered necessary, approval of the Finance Department will be required before release of fund by the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities.
5. Subject to the provisions as laid down under Finance Department’s Memo No. 621-F.B. dated 01.08.2013, the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities will be required to obtain concurrence of the Finance (Budget) Department for release of fund in case of schemes relating to (i) EAP, RIDF, NCDC, REC, CRF, APDRP, AIBP, BADP, ACA under Article 275(1), TSP (relating to BCW Department), BRGF, NPAG, NeGAP, HADP, RKVY, GLB (State Finance Commission), JNNURM, One-time ACA, WBCETF and (ii) release of fund under 33- Subsidies, 55-Loans and Advances, 54-Investment.
6. Subject to the provisions as laid down in this Department Memo No.621-F.B. dated 01.08.2013 which are applicable to fifteen Departments, the other Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities will be required to obtain concurrence of Finance (Budget) Department for releasing fund in respect of Centrally Sponsored Schemes or Central Sector Schemes or any other Schemes for which Central assistance is available except the fund relating to 13th FC grant. The release of fund under 13th FC grant will be subject to the Memo No. 784-F.B. dated 30.08.2013.
7. Excepting the cases as stated in para 5 above, the Administrative Departments/Controlling Authorities may, release fund on their own relating .to the State Plan expenditure during the current financial year 2013-14 up to the budget provision where the schemes concerned have been administratively approved by Finance Department or Financial Advisor or administrative approval has been accorded by the Departmental Secretary within a limit of Rs. 10.00 lakh in terms of Finance Department Memo. No. 95-F.B. dated 18.04.2012 subject to the condition that cumulative release will remain within 90% of the overall State Plan provision for 2013-14. The remaining 10% may also be released with the approval of Finance Department.
8. While referring the file(s) for release of State Plan fund beyond 90% of the whole year’s budget provision, the Administrative Departments should invariably report the total State Plan fund so far released by them against total State Plan provision. Information about file(s) pending in the Finance Department along with the amount involved for release of State Plan should also be given.
9. The concerned Departments will be required to upload the particulars regarding release of Plan Fund as per Finance Department Memo No. 52(75)-F.B. dated 12.04.2006 in the concerned web site.
10. The concerned Departments will be required to furnish necessary information in the prescribed proforma regarding repayment of loans as per Finance Department Memo No. 80-F.B. dated 17.04.2006.
11. While issuing orders for sanctioning expenditure in exercise of the powers delegated under this Memorandum, the following sentence should be inserted in such orders “This order issues in exercise of the powers delegated under Finance Department Memo No. 1680-F.B. dated 13.12.2013”.
The powers delegated to the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities to release fund are subject to the following conditions:-
i) The project/ scheme for which fund is to be released has been administratively approved following the existing procedure after obtaining concurrence of the Finance Department or Financial Advisor;
ii) The amount to be released can be accommodated within the budget provision under the project/ scheme as authorized for allotment;
iii) There are no deviations – technical or otherwise – from the approved norms;
iv) Restrictions on creation of posts, purchase/ hiring of cars and other restrictions imposed by the Finance Department are to be observed.
Sd/- S. Datta
OSD & EO Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 1680-FB dated 14.12.2013, Source