Common Entrance Examination for Christian Minority, 2015
Published in Higher Education. Tags: AMPAI.
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department
Bikash Bhavan, 6th floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
No. 132-Edn(T)/10M-26/09 (Pt III) Dated: 30.03.2015
Whereas a proposal was received from the St. Mary’s Technological Foundation, recognized as a Christian Minority Private Self-Financing Professional Academic Institution stating that, as an individual Christian minority institution, wanting to conduct a separate Common Entrance Examination for admission to 50% of the approved seats in Engineering courses in the St. Mary’s Technical Campus, Kolkata, Saibana, North 24 Parganas, for the academic session 2015-16;
Whereas the Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal provisionally found the said proposal as acceptable in principle subject to further examination of all necessary details to ensure merit basis, transparency and fairness in the said examination and admission process;
Whereas the Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal has constituted a State Level Academic Advisory Committee with Hon’ble Justice (Retired) Pradipta Roy as its Chairman vide Govt. Order No. 49-Edn(T) dated, 03.02.2014, for the purpose of examining the details of such proposal, overseeing and monitoring the conduct of such separate Common Entrance Examination and the admission process through the proposed Common Entrance Examination;
Whereas during their presentation, the said Minority Institution submitted to the State Government a seat- sharing proposal for the limited purpose of admission to the said Minority Institution and sought for permission to hold separate Common Entrance Examination for admission to 50% of the approved seats for the academic session 2015-16;
Whereas according to the seat-sharing proposal submitted by the said Institution through its own separate common entrance test, will be held for admission to 50% of approved seats in Engineering courses in the said Institution, the remaining 50% of approved seats would be filled up through the State Level Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board;
Whereas, according to the said proposal, if any seat meant for admission by the said Institution, as specified above, remains unfilled or vacant, such vacant seat/seats would be surrendered to the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for admission through existing system of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board and the Institution shall not have any right to fill up such surrendered seats through any other process/ method;
Whereas the aforesaid Institution has placed their deliberation on the features of the proposed Common Entrance Examination for the Christian Minority students before the Academic Advisory Committee and have accepted to act upon the direction to submit a detailed procedure in writing and to give presentation before the Academic Advisory Committee on the methodology, steps, safeguards, and counseling process;
Now, therefore, the said Institution is hereby permitted to conduct the proposed separate Common Entrance Examination for the academic session 2015-16 for admission to 50% of the approved seats in Engineering courses in their Institution only, subject to the terms and conditions as contained here-in and the guidelines and/or directions that may be issued by the State Level Academic Advisory Committee from time to time.
St. Mary’s Technological Foundation is hereby asked to take necessary steps for conducting the separate Common Entrance Examination so as to complete the entire procedure of admission positively at least five days before the commencement of the State – level Centralized on-line counseling and admission system conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for the academic session 2015-16.
The terms and conditions as well as necessary guidelines are given below:
1. That the name of the said common entrance examination shall be the Common Entrance Examination for Christian Minority Students conducted by St. Mary’s Technological Foundation, and may be termed as ‘CEE-WB-Christian Minority-2015‘
2. St. Mary’s Technological Foundation shall nominate a suitable person/persons to act as the Convener of the said separate Common Entrance Examination, who will be responsible for reporting to the State Level Academic Advisory Committee regarding conduct of the said examination as well as other post – examination matters in all respects.
3. St. Mary’s Technological Foundation may engage an outside agency of repute, with sound credentials and credibility in conducting such common entrance examination so as to ensure fairness and transparency in the conduct of the said examination.
4. That the Convener of the ‘CEE-WB-Christian Minority-2015‘ shall arrange for necessary Notification in at-least two leading newspapers inviting candidates to submit their application for the examination. The Notification must mention the purpose and nature of the examination, availability of seats, schedule of dates, details of the syllabus, marking and ranking methodology along with other details so as to ensure that all relevant information will be available in the public domain.
5. St. Mary’s Technological Foundation shall have a specific website address for conduct of the proposed examination, particulars of which shall be communicated to the Academic Advisory Committee and widely publicized for the guidance of the applicants.
6. St. Mary’s Technological Foundation shall have a specific Bank Account for dealing with financial matters pertaining to the admission of students through the CEE-WB-Christian Minority-2015. The particulars of such Bank Account shall be communicated to the Academic Advisory Committee.
7. That the Convener of the ‘CEE-WB-Christian Minority-2015‘ shall take prior approval on different issues, pertaining to the conduct of such separate entrance examinations, as given below:-
i) The details of Centers along with location, to be used as venue for the CEE-WB-Christian Minority-2015.
ii) Date and time of examinations along with security arrangement and monitoring system to be followed during examination.
iii) Eligibility criteria, mode of applications, mode of examination (subjective/objective), evaluation and ranking methodology, cut-off rank for admission, if any; etc.
iv) Counseling and allotment methodology, along with schedule of dates.
v) Particulars of the fees to be charged from the students for the Application Kit, examination as well as counseling purpose, etc.
8. It shall be the responsibility of the Convener to maintain strict confidentiality and secrecy throughout the whole process apart from taking all such safeguards and steps necessary to ensure that the said examination is fair and transparent. Adequate security will have to be ensured for keeping the question papers safe and secure, and to prevent any laxity or malpractice at any stage of the examination. Failure to do so shall render St. Mary’s Technological Foundation liable to such steps as the Committee may decide including cancellation of the examination.
9. That the Convener of the ‘CEE-WB-Christian Minority-2015’ shall submit a full Report on the allotment and admission status in the participating institution in the academic session 2015-16 positively at least five days prior to the commencement of centralized counseling process of the WBJEEB-2015 as per following Format:
|Sl. No||Name of the candidate with full address||Registration No. and Admit Card No.||Category and Rank||Date of Admission||Name of Institution where allotted||Name of course allotted|
10. That the Convener of the ‘CEE-WB-Christian Minority-2015‘ shall also submit institution’s discipline – wise status of surrendered seats so that those vacant seats can be filled up by the WBJEEB through its centralized on-line counseling process of 2015-16. This must be done well in advance so as to enable the Director of Technical Education, West Bengal to finalize the Seat Matrix for 2015-16 for the Centralized on-line Counseling.
11. St. Mary’s Technological Foundation shall submit in writing to the State Government in the Higher Education Department that the entire expenses for CEE-WB-Christian Minority-2015 shall be incurred by the St. Mary’s Technological Foundation.
Sd/- Vivek Kumar, I.A.S
Principal Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department
No. 132-Edn dated 30.03.2015