Grant of Dearness Relief to the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of the State-Aided Universities in West Bengal w.e.f. January 01, 2017.
Published in Higher Education Tags: Dearness Relief
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Bikash Bhavan, Bidhannagar, Kolkata -700 091.
No. 75-Edn(U)/N/1U-01/14 Date: 25.01.2017
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of the State-Aided Universities in West Bengal including West Bengal University of Teachers’ Training, Education Planning & Administration (WBUTTEP&A), Moulana Abul Kalam University of Technology and Netaji Subhas Open University, w.e.f. January 01, 2017.
1. In continuation of this Department’s Order No. 16-Edn(U), Dt. 07.01.2016 sanctioning Dearness Relief to the pensioners/family pensioners of the State-Aided Universities, the undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to state that the Governor has been pleased to decide that the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of all the State-aided Universities, under the administrative jurisdiction of this department who are in receipt of Dearness Relief @75% of basic pension with effect from 01.01.2016, shall get the benefit of Dearness Relief at the enhanced rate of 85% of basic pension/basic family pension with effect from 01.01.2017 in supersession of the earlier rate as mentioned above.
2. The Pensioners/Family Pensioners of the State-aided Universities whose pension/family pension has yet not been revised in terms of F.D. Memo. No. 200-F (Pen) and No. 201-F (Pen) both dated 25.02.2009, shall draw Dearness Relief @173% of Basic Pension and Dearness Pension taken together w.e.f. 01.01.2017 in supersession of the earlier rate of @156% as mentioned in the Order. Dt. 07/01/2016.
3. Payment of relief on Pension/Family Pension involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
4. The respective Pension Disbursing Authorities will calculate the quantum of relief on Pension/Family Pension payable to each individual case.
5. For the purpose of payment of relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other states.
6. The Treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
7. This order issues in terms of Finance Department’s Order No. 01-F(Pen) & No. 02-F(Pen), both dated 02.01.2017.
8. All concerned are being informed.
Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 75-Edn dated 25.01.2017, Source