Dearness Relief to Pensioners of Universities w.e.f. January, 2015
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Bikash Bhavan, Bidhannagar, Kolkata -700 091.
No. 40-Edn(U)/N/1U-01/14 Date: 19.01.2015
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of the State-Aided Universities in West Bengal including West Bengal University of Technology and Netaji Subhas Open University, w.e.f. January 01, 2015.
In continuation of this Department’s Order No. 103-Edn(U), dt. 27.01.2014 sanctioning Dearness Relief to the pensioners/family pensioners of the State-Aided Universities, the undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to state that the Governor has been pleased to decide that the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of all the State-aided Universities, under the administrative jurisdiction of this department who are in receipt of Dearness Relief @ 58% of basic pension with effect from January 01, 2014, shall get the benefit of Dearness Relief @ 65% with effect from January 01, 2015 in supersession of the earlier rate as mentioned above.
2. Payment of relief on Pension Family Pension involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
3. The respective Pension Disbursing Authorities will calculate the quantum of relief on Pension Family Pension payable to each individual case.
4. For the purpose of payment of relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other states.
5. The Treasury Sub-Treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
6. This order issues in terms of Finance Department’s Order No. 12-F (Pen), Dt. 09.01.2015.
7. All concerned are being informed.
Sd/- Assistant Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal.
No. 40-Edn dated 19.01.2015Higher Education, Dearness Relief