Dearness Relief to Pensioners of Universities w.e.f. January, 2018April 2, 2022
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
Department of Higher Education,
Science & Technology and Bio Technology
6th Floor, Bikash Bhavan, Bidhannagar, Kolkata – 700 091
No. 1333-Edn(U)/N/1U-01/14 Date: 06.12.2017
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of the State-Aided Universities in West Bengal including West Bengal University of Teachers’ Training, Education Planning & Administration (WBUTTEP&A), Moulana Abul Kalam University of Technology and Netaji Subhas Open University, w.e.f. January 01, 2018.
1. In continuation of this Department’s Order No. 75-Edn(U), Dt. 25.01.2017 sanctioning Dearness Relief to the pensioners/family pensioners of the State-Aided Universities, the undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to state that the Governor has been pleased to decide that the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of all the State-aided Universities, under the administrative jurisdiction of this department who are in receipt of Dearness Relief @ 85% of basic pension with effect from 01.01.2017, shall get the benefit of Dearness Relief at the enhanced rate of 100% of basic pension/basic family pension with effect from 01.01.2018 in supersession of the earlier rate as mentioned above.
2. The Pensioners/Family Pensioners of the State-aided Universities whose pension/family pension has yet not been revised in terms of F. D. Memo. No. 200-F (Pen) and No. 201-F (Pen), both dated 25.02.2009, shall draw Dearness Relief @ 199% of Basic Pension and Dearness Pension taken together w.e.f. 01.01.2018 in supersession of the earlier rate of @ 173% as mentioned in the Order, Dt. 25/01/2017.
3. Payment of relief on Pension/Family Pension involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
4. The respective Pension Disbursing Authorities will calculate the quantum of relief on Pension/Family Pension payable to each individual case and make necessary adjustment for overpayment/underpayment, if any.
5. For the purpose of payment of relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other states.
6. The Treasury/Sub-Treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
7. This order issues in terms of Finance Department’s Order No. 504-F (Pen) & No. 505-F(Pen), both dated 12.09.2017.
8. All concerned are being informed.
Sd/- Pranatosh Chatterjee
Deputy Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 1333-Edn dated 06.12.2017, Source