Grant of Dearness Relief to the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of the State-Aided Universities in West Bengal w.e.f. January 01, 2016.
Published in Higher Education Tags: Dearness Relief
Government of West Bengal
Department of Higher Education
Bikash Bhavan, Bidhannagar, Kolkata -700 091.
No. 16-Edn (U)/N/1U-01/14 Date: 07.01.2016
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of the State-Aided Universities in West Bengal including Moulana Abul Kalam University of Technology and Netaji Subhas Open University w.e.f. January 01, 2016.
In continuation of this Department’s Order No. 40-Edn(U), dt. 19.01.2015 sanctioning Dearness Relief to the pensioners/ family pensioners of the State-Aided Universities, the undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to state that the Governor has been pleased to decide that the Teaching and Non-Teaching Pensioners of all the State-aided Universities, under the administrative jurisdiction of this department who are in receipt of Dearness Relief @ 65% of basic pension with effect from January 01, 2015, shall get the benefit of Dearness Relief @ 75% with effect from January 01, 2016 in supersession of the earlier rate as mentioned above.
The Pensioners/ Family Pensioners of the State-aided Universities whose pension/ family pension has yet not been revised, shall draw Dearness Relief @ 156% of Basic Pension and Dearness Pension taken together w.e.f. January 01, 2016 in supersession of the earlier rate.
Payment of relief on Pension/ Family Pension involving a fraction of rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
8. The respective Pension Disbursing Authorities will calculate the quantum of relief on Pension/ Family Pension payable to each individual case.
9. For the purpose of payment of relief sanctioned herein, the Principal Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal will issue authority to the Public Sector Banks in Kolkata and the Accountant General of other states
10. The Treasury/ Sub-Treasury Officers in this State will give effect to this order without the authority of the Accountant General (A&E), West Bengal.
11. This order issues in terms of Finance Department’s Order No. 700-F (Pen) & No. 701-F(Pen), both Dtd. 16.12.2015.
12. All concerned are being informed.
Assistant Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal.
No. 16-Edn dated 07.01.2016