Further Allotment of Fund up to March 2013
Published in Finance.
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
No. 1700-F.B. Dated: 31.12.2012
In continuation of this Department Memo Nos. 3232-FB dated 31.03.2012 and No. 800-FB dated 31.07.2012, the Governor has now been pleased to decide the following .
2. The Administrative Departments/Controlling Authorities may make further allotment of fund up to current year’s budget provision relating to Non-Plan expenditure for Non-Salary items for the month up to March, 2013.
3. Within the powers delegated under Delegation of Financial Power Rules, 1977 as amended from time to time or by virtue of the powers delegated in specific cases, the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities may sanction expenditure out of the Non-Plan allotment of fund except in the following cases : i) 33-Subsidies ii) Finance Commission’s Grants iii) 55-Loans & Advances and iv) Schemes for which Central assistance is available.
4. In the case of new projects/ schemes, and also approved projects/ schemes for which deviations from approved norms are considered necessary, approval of the Finance Department will be required before release of fund by the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities.
5. In this Department Memo N0. 801-F.B. dated 31.07.2012, fourteen (14) Departments have been empowered to release State’s matching share as well as Central Share up to current year’s budget level. The said fourteen Departments may make allotment of fund up to the current year’s budget provision relating to Central Share and State’s matching share from the relevant heads of account.
6. The Administrative Departments/Controlling Authorities will be required to obtain concurrence of the Finance (Budget) Department for release of fund in case of schemes relating to EAP, RIDF, 13th FC, NCDC, REC, CRF, APDRP, AIBP, BADP, ACA under Article 275(1), TSP (relating to BCW Deptt.), BRGF, NPAG, NeGAP, HADP, RKVY, GLB (State Finance Commission), JNNURM, One-time ACA ii) State Share for Centrally Sponsored Schemes or any other Scheme for which Central assistance is available iii) Central Share under State Plan and iv) release of fund under 33- Subsidies, 55-Loans and Advances, 54-Investment.
7. Subject to the provisions as laid down in this Department Memo N0. 801-F.B. dated 31.07.2012 which are applicable to fourteen Departments, the other Administrative Departments/Controlling Authorities will be required to obtain concurrence of Finance (Budget) Department for releasing fund in respect of State Share for (i) Centrally Sponsored Schemes or any other Schemes for which Central assistance is available (ii) Central Share in the Budget under State Plan.
8. Excepting the cases as stated in paras 5 and 6 above, the Administrative Departments/Controlling Authorities may, release fund on their own relating to the State Plan expenditure during the current financial year 2012-13 up to 75% of the budget provision where the schemes concerned have been administratively approved by Finance Department or administrative approval has been accorded by the Departmental Secretary within a limit of Rs. 10.00 lakh in terms of Finance Department Memo. No. 95-F.B. dated 18.04.2012. The remaining 25% may also be released with the approval of Finance Department.
9. While referring the file(s) for release of State Plan fund beyond 75% of the whole year’s budget provision, the Administrative Departments should invariably report the total State Plan fund so far released by them against total State Plan provision. Information about file(s) pending in the Finance Department along with the amount involved for release of State Plan should also be given.
In the case of new projects/ schemes and also approved projects/ schemes for which deviations from approved norms are considered necessary, approval of the Finance Department will be required before release of fund by the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities.
10. The concerned Departments will be required to furnish necessary information in the prescribed proforma regarding release of Plan Fund as per Finance Department Memo No. 52(75)-F.B dated 12.04.2006 and also to upload the particulars in the concerned web site.
11. The concerned Departments will be required to furnish necessary information in the prescribed proforma regarding repayment o f loans as per Finance Department Memo N0. 80-F.B dated 17.04.2006.
12. While issuing orders for sanctioning expenditure in exercise of the powers delegated under this Memorandum, the following sentence should be inserted in such orders “This order issues in exercise of the powers delegated under Finance Department Memo No. 1700-F.B. dated 31.12.2012
The powers delegated to the Administrative Departments/ Controlling Authorities to release fund are subject to the following conditions:-
i) The project/ scheme for which fund is to be released has been administratively approved following the existing procedure after obtaining concurrence of the Finance Department;
ii) The amount to be released can be accommodated within the budget provision under the project/ scheme as authorized for allotment;
iii) There are no deviations – technical or otherwise – from the approved norms ;
iv) Restrictions on creation of posts, purchase/ hiring of cars and other restrictions imposed by the Finance Department are to be observed.
Sd/- S. Datta
OSD & EO Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
No. 1700-F.B. dated 31.12.2012, Source